Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual reality quiz preferences settings

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a virtual project and I created a 10 question quiz within the same project.  Requiring the user to move around the room selecting the question hotspots and answering the questions  The quiz works fine as far as totaling the results and selecting continue to go to the last slide in the project.

If I fail the quiz and the retake button appears, when I select the retake button the quiz results overlay goes away and just a question mark hotspot appears. When selected it does not appear to do anything.  I found I could click the back button to go back to the quiz questions and they were reset, but this did not work consistently.  I would think selecting retake quiz would take one back to the beginning of the quiz.

Selecting Review Quiz does not work either. 

I went into the quiz preferences settings and they differ from a standard Captivate quiz preferences settings.  A couple of examples:

In the Settings category, the back and skip check boxes are checked and grayed out, so I can not deselect them.

In the Pass or Fail category, there is not drop down box options for pass or fail that would guide the user to a specific slide, or exiting the training, etc.

Does anybody have any suggestions or solutions on how to fix this?  Or would it be better to create a different Captivate just for the knowledge check questions?

Is there any information out there about the settings for a virtual project?  I notice there are a lot of items grayed out under the different tabs.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS , Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please mention the exact version number you are using? You find it under Help, About Captivate. And the OS.

Before I double-check your problems, it would be good to have that information. I am on 11.5.5.553 on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Captivate version 11.5.5.553 on a Windows 10 system.

Something I did figure out. 

In the Properites Inspector under the Timing tab for Reporting I need to select include in quiz.  What I found interesting about that, is just having the user select the question hotspot counts as a question in the final score which one can assign appoints to.  So I have only ten actual questions, but the final score count shows it as twenty questions, because the selection of the Q counts as a question.  There is probably a use of this.

By selecting include in quiz, that allows the retake quiz selection to function properly.

I still was not able to get the review quiz button to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you want to leave the hotspot unchecked when including it in the quiz. This adds points to the total score for learners who simply click on the question associated with the hotspot. I would imagine you actually need them to answer the question correctly. Here are the steps to create questions for each hotspot on a VR slide.

1. Click the Hotspot icon on your toolbar and add a hotspot for the first question (don't change the default action for the hotspot)
  2. Select the Hotspot and Click Add Question, then customize the question slide as you see fit (ie question stem, answers, points scored, etc).
  3. Return to your 360 slide and repeat the previous steps with new hotspots and question slides until all your hotspots and questions are created.
  4. Add one more Hotspot that has an action that Goes to the next slide (the quiz results slide).
  5. To make sure multiple attempts are allowed click on the Quiz dropdown menu and select quiz preferences
  6. Click the Pass or Fail category and ensure that multiple attempts or Infinite Attempts are selected so the Retake Button is displayed.
  7. Click OK

Keep in mind that if learners review the quiz they will not be able to take the quiz an additional time.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.  I went back and redid the questions following the steps you provided.  The quiz results slide will show the retake quiz button upon failure.  But this does not allow for retaking the quiz. It just takes me out of the training.

When the question slides are created, I notice there is no option to select include in quiz, only a reporting answers option.  I attached a screenshot. 

Could that be why it does not allow the retaking of the quiz?

Whenever include in quiz is selected, the retake quiz button works and takes the user back to beginning of the quiz.  There is an option after selecting include in quiz to not add the points to the total.  So all the points they get are based off the actual questions.

Brian    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hotspot is in fact an interactive object (similar to a click box, a button). You can add a score to any interactive object, also to the hotspots in a 360° slide.  In this case, not a good idea.

Sorry, I didn't have time yet to double-check your experience about the Review status of those question slides. They have indeed some limitations and this may be one of them. Will try to check ASAP.

Just FYI: use the Advanced Interaction panel to check the ttotal score and the included scored objects. I do that for any project which has scoring on. More information:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-interaction-panel-q-and-a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources