Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web object in Captivate opens in new popup window instead of staying on slide

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

For some reason, my web object opens automatically as a popup in my Captivate course. I've created an HTML5 course in the 2019 Captivate version 11.5.1.499.

On the slide, I've added a web object and entered a web address, which is a direct link to a PDF inside of the Adobe Connect learning environment. I've selected it to display in slide, with border and scrolling. I've chosen it to autoload and to retain state on slide revisit.

When I test the project or publish it, and my project advances to the side with the web object, it automatically opens in a new popup window and shows the Adobe Connect login screen.

I want to add that I have tested this with other PDFs inside the Adobe Connect environment and DON'T have the same problem. The difference between these two PDFs is that the PDF that opened in a popup needs Adobe Connect login credentials because it is secured. The other PDF doesn't.

Still, shouldn't the Adobe Connect login screen stay on the slide instead of opening in a popup? I want it to open on the slide, not in a new window.

Thank you all so much.

TOPICS
Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

It's solved! That was actually the entire problem. A restricted file in Adobe Connect will not be able to open flawlessly in Captivate on slide. The Adobe Connect app will automatically redirect the user to their login screen, and it will open in a popup window. So, kids, free your PDFs in Adobe Connect and the link will work fine and open in the slide without any popups.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's solved! That was actually the entire problem. A restricted file in Adobe Connect will not be able to open flawlessly in Captivate on slide. The Adobe Connect app will automatically redirect the user to their login screen, and it will open in a popup window. So, kids, free your PDFs in Adobe Connect and the link will work fine and open in the slide without any popups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources