Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web objects disappear when slide replays

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I created a slide with a web object in it and a replay button, but when I hit the replay button the web object disappears and it won't load again (it also happens with the reply button on the control bar). I have to go to another slide and then revisit for the web object to appear again. 

Is it possible to reload the web object when replaying the slide so it doesn't disappear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Please do not translate my answer, because that is not what I meant.

Not everything is reset even when you re-enter the slide, for some items and situation an extra Reset action need to be triggered On Enter for the slide. But some items and situations are automatically reset and that is the case for web objects and OAMs. 

Too bad that my blog, posted a week ago, is not yet moderated. I have explained everything and offered two workflows to re-enter the slide. It is an updated version of the two

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no default Replay button for slides. How did you configure that button please?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily, I followed a tutorial

Button On success: Execute advanced actions >

Action 1: Expression > cpCmndGotoSlide = cpInfoCurrentSlide - 1

Action 2: Continue

It's right here: https://youtu.be/fFrJut_Ve3c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens often with 'videos'  learned from another source but only the easiest part without explaining its limitations. I have published this solution many years ago.  You may ignore that this will just rewind the play head to the first frame of the slide, but not reset the slide. To reset the slide you need to re-enter the slide.  That will reset the web object and many other items to their original situation. Normally with a simple replay it is not normal that the web page you were on is not kept, but that may be due to the setup of that website.

Re-entering the slide is probably missing in your tutorial. Maybe you'll find another video trying to explain it... I have done so multiple times, another blog is waiting moderation since quite a while in the eLearning community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright! thanks for clarifying the difference between "replay" and "reset" the slide. I will look for the solution regarding the slide reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem too. i make animation using adobe animate then publish to oam, insert to captivate >media > html animation. when i click reload in custom captivate skin.

Button On success: Execute advanced actions >

Action 1: Expression > cpCmndGotoSlide = cpInfoCurrentSlide - 1

Action 2: Continue

oam not reload. just blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read my answer... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lily said, the button is just rewinding the slide to the first frame, but not resetting it's content. The oam won't reset because the whole slide needs to be reset or re-enter, not just the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not translate my answer, because that is not what I meant.

Not everything is reset even when you re-enter the slide, for some items and situation an extra Reset action need to be triggered On Enter for the slide. But some items and situations are automatically reset and that is the case for web objects and OAMs. 

Too bad that my blog, posted a week ago, is not yet moderated. I have explained everything and offered two workflows to re-enter the slide. It is an updated version of the two scenarios here, since there have been changes in recent versions:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/replay-slide-button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I get it now, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default Reload button in the custom captivate skin won't reset the slide. You must create a button which resets the slide for the oam to reload. This is better explained here http://blog.lilybiri.com/replay-slide-button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources