• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the trigger for the status and score from a quiz to be reported to an LMS?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always thought the built in "Continue" button on the Quiz Results slide wa sthe button that passe dthe course completion status and score to the LMS. However, in speaking with an Adobe Captivate technician today they stated it is exiting the course (either through closing the browse ror through the "Exit" button on the play bar that sends the status and quiz results to the LMS. I have a client who is telling me the ONLY way the results seem to be going over is by hitting the "Exit" button on the play bar. The "Continue" button (which I re-named as Submit Score and to continue to a final congrats slide, only moves the project to teh congrats slid ebut does not trigger any information to the LMS. 

My question is what button or functionality trigger sthe status and scor eto an LMS? Also, what is the purpose of the auto programed "Continue" button on the Quiz Results slide?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have quiz slides, the score slide is crucial, reason why it is inserted automatically. You are not able to delete the score slide, only to hide it. Even in hidden state it has its role. Here is just one example:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

I have been able to solve weird client requirements by using the score slide. I am sure you need to be after that (eventually hidden) slide to have complete data transfer to the LMS. Depending on the used SCORM template interaction data will also be sent after each slide as well.

The Continue button on the Results slide has a similar functionality as the Submit button on the quiz slides. Not only to pause the slide, but also to trigger the actions defined under Quiz Preferences, Pass/Fail. Those actions however will be done at the last frame of the results slide, not when the Continue button is clicked. I try to avoid direct navigation with those actions to another slide, keep Continue but eventually move the pausing point closer to the end of the score slide. Same approach as for quiz slides, to allow transfer in case of slower connections or multiple connections using one switch (had that problem in college when multiple students were taking an assessment).

More details about the score slide in:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

Quiz Tweaks 5: Results slide - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply. This is helpful in furthe runderstanding. I also will take a look at the article syou provided!

Oddly adding a button on the slide after the quiz results with the "Exit" functionality fixed the issue. Now, afte rthe learner clicks exit the score is being reporte dto the LMS (in Chrome and Edge anyways, not in IE 11).

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That concurs with what I wrote: you need to be after the score slide when leaving th course. Whether that is done with an Exit button or not is probably irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources