Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this symbol?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NassiaK_0-1629732908649.png

Hello, when I preview my project, on the first page of the project I see this symbol. When I click on it, it shows the title of the slide. I did not add something to help me understand what this symbol is and I would like to get rid of it. Also, I am sorry but I don't know how else to describe it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

The font size is defined in the object style of that text container, same for all texts. Font size will be decreased when you are on a smaller browser resolution. I would also recommend to set the minimum font size to 10 or 8points instead of the default 14 points to avoid a myriad of those expand buttons all over the slides.

See this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/responsive-projects-object-styles

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the 'expand' button, which appears when the text container is deemed too small to show the full text.

Make the container bigger and/or reduce the font size. Check also if you didn't add superfluous spaces, line breaks.

Clicking that button will show the 'full text' in a popup window.

Was this a fluid boxes project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That did the trick! What is interesting though is that I did not check the default text size of the image/text slide:

NassiaK_0-1629735726100.png

Good to know! It resolved the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The font size is defined in the object style of that text container, same for all texts. Font size will be decreased when you are on a smaller browser resolution. I would also recommend to set the minimum font size to 10 or 8points instead of the default 14 points to avoid a myriad of those expand buttons all over the slides.

See this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/responsive-projects-object-styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources