Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White vertical line shows in video

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been publishing my simulation as a video. On the first slide, I created a custom background of green. Then I added some titles. All is well until I publish and I get a thin white vertical line on the right of the video everytime. The screen caps are all good, but when I make a custom slide, this line shows. Is this an anomaly or am I creating the background wrong. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you insert a screenshot? 

I suspect you have created a softwaree simulation in Demo mode. Using a Video Demo instead would be a much better approach, you would have a lot better quality since the wanted output is MP4.

Software simulation slides use the Blank master slide. Is that slide really blank? 

Which master slide did you use for the custom content slides?

Which exact version are you using, and which theme has been used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I was creating just now. Thanks. I created the who simulation in Software Simulation. The title slide was used under the Master Slides. I am using Blue Veracity as the theme, but not really using it since the screen captures cover everything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software simulation slides use the BLANK master slide.  You probably mean that you use the Title master slide for the content slide? Doesn't look at all like Veracity.

I don't see what you mean on the screenshot at all.  Wher is that white line? Is this the content slide or one of the simulation slides??

There have been many releases under the common name CP2019. You find the exact number under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a content slide and using it as a title slide with a green background. I am adding the logos, title name and object (light green) to the screen. As you will see on the far right of the screen, there is a thin white line that shows up when you publish the video. This actually appears throughout the entire video, but you don't see (or notice it) it until the three title screens appear. The arrows in the image are showing where the white, vertical line is. The version I have is: Adobe Captivate 2019 11.5.5.553. All updates have been made too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white line disappears against the white background. Hold on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, see now what you mean. Was this screenshot taken after publishing? Did you check the main master slide and the blank master slide? Could there be a line there which is inherited by all the slides. Normally the Blank master slide is not taking over Main master slide objects, but that could have been edited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is after publishing. Doesn't show while I am editing. It probably has to do with the master slides. I will have to look into further. I just never had this issue before. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources