• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why cant I place an image over an interactive video?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did previously on this slide and now the image disappears or seems to go to the back.  I tried to bring to front,  I cahnged the file name so it was short and there weren't spaces.

When i slide it onto the stage, it goes below the video on the timeline and is 

I am at a loss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a terminology problem.

Are you really talking about an interactive video? Or is your goal to publish a passive video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for an interactive video.  I am designing it on an interactive video slide and i placed another picture on this slide.

Every time I try to place it on the slide, it seems to go to the back and i dont have the option to bring it to the front.

Also, on the timeline, It is below the video and lighter than the other assets on the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait i got it- I unlocked from the fluid box and it came right to the front!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was important missing information.  I didn't even ask about the type of project, because you cannot have an interactive video in a fluid boxes project at all.  Not even any other passive slide video, only event video can be put in a fluid box. Moreover stacking is totally impossible in any normal fluid box.

The answer about unlocking the image from the fluid box is not correct neither - as moderator I needed to take away that status. Unlocking would lead to totally unpredictable behavior depending on the device browser.

If you really need to have an interactive video in a fluid boxes project, you need to set up that particular slide as you would do in a Breakpoint views project, using the Position Properties panel. Take out all fluid boxes. Have a look at this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-and-interactive-video-position-properties-panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources