• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my captivate button moving when I try to click it?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a responsive project, the first panel has 4 smart shapes, used as buttons, that reveal different states on the panel.  There is also a button on the first page to advance the project to the second panel, but whenever I try to activate it (when previewing or after publishing the project) the button moves to the center of panel.  Continuing to attempt to activate the button causes it to jump around between the center of the page and the location I set it to.  Any ideas why this may be happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Did you install the hot fix? One of the issues fixed by it, is the one you mention:

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the hot fix? One of the issues fixed by it, is the one you mention:

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help.  The issue described there sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing.  I went ahead and followed the instructions and successfully installed the hotfix (my version is now 9.0.0.230), but after a restart I'm still experiencing the issue.  Anything else I should try?  It's the same project, maybe I'll start a new one from scratch and see what I get.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the button and inserted a new one.  Works perfectly now.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to tell you to clean preferences as well. A patch will never solve existing issues, but I'm glad you found out that it solves the problem for new objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same issue as Matt but with the 2019 version of Adobe Captivate. I couldn't find any hot fix with this version. I restarted the program but it still does it. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not on Captivate 2019 version 11.5 then I would definitely suggest you update.  But if that is the version you have, then I would suggest you check the Object States of the buttons that appear to be misbehaving.  You may find that the rollover state is misaligned so that when you go to click the button then it moves.

Failing that, just delete and try inserting new buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rod for looking into my issue! So I already have the 11.5 version of Captivate.

I also checked the Object States and it doesn't move between Normal and Roll-Over.

When in Demo mode, as I click on my buttons, they actually end up in the top left corner of my slide and come back when I roll over their supposed location.

I deleted and reinserted on of the buttons to check. But it does the same thing again... They are simple click-to-display buttons. I am confused. Any other idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of button did you use? There are 6 types...

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us screenshots of the issue? Insert them, don't attach them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers!

My buttons are bitmap images (PNG). Maybe using shapes filled with images or SVG images instead could sort my issue?

So here is what happens. At the beginning all is good. I want people to click circles to make details appearing. First screenshot, I am rolling over Community.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 13.08.09.png

Second screenshot, I clicked on each button, I am rolling over Showcase, my details appeared, but all my buttons went to the top left.Capture d’écran 2020-10-08 à 13.10.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recreated my images by hand in illustrator and then exported them as SVG. I created buttons from these SVG. I do not have the shadow when rolling over them so it's a bit of a shame but it works at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a shadow to the image in AI, import that asset as well, and replace the present image in the Rollover state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I don't see where you mentioned how you resolved the issue. Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the positioning of the button's rollover state. It sounds like it might have moved, which would then result in the button appearing to move every time you put your mouse near it.  Try resetting the button object style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with images moving when I roll over them. Here are screenshots of the object states that show the image is in the same place. I've been trying to figure this out for days and it's driving me crazy!

normal state.jpgrollover state.jpglamp moved.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these objects have multiple states, right click on each state in State View and choose Reset State from the context menu.

See if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, Rod. I tried resetting the states and that did not fix the problem. Every item on the page keeps ending up in the top left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources