• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is this not free to educators or part of the Creative Cloud suite already purchaseed?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With so many educators now forced to try and educate students through various distance learning methods, (many states for the remainder of the school year) this should be made widely available to staff and students in a more cost effective manner.  Alternatives like Camtasia do exist, but we are already loyal paid subscribers to the Adobe suite and shocked to find this still nearly $399 annually for education!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm missing some other option my apologies and please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum accepts any complaint, but you have to be aware of the fact that the answers are given by other users, not by the Adobe team. There are some rare exceptions, for license issues where another user is incapable of helping.

BTW: The eLearning team is offering a 90 days trial version of Connect (instead of 30 days). Connect can be used immediately to deliver online coaching, contrary to an eLearning authoring tool which needs indeed some learning time. I have been a university professor, we never got anything for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My questions: - (I do not intend to come across rude but only seek better understanding)

1. Why do you think that the current demands for online education entitles the education industry to free or reduced cost authoring tools? Of what use would this tool be for students anyway?

2. Even if Adobe gave the software away to verified educators - how many of these new users do you suppose would learn the software fluently enough to actually design, develop, and deliver effective learning objects before things are back to normal anyway and it is no longer needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope that's not rude and thanks for input. As far as providing free, there've been a lot of companies announcing free use of apps during this pandemic and an excellent way to capture new clients who will pay for services after the stay at home rules are lifted. Education licenses have all been cheaper or free historically which is part of why this could be an expectation. What I was really hoping is it would be included in the CS Cloud Suite I already pay for, not necessarily free. 

The intended use is simply to capture a lesson on the screen for student viewing/upload to classroom. Again, solutions like Camtasia allow for easy capture creation but also have a cost associated and had hoped I already owned a solution through Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could follow the model I use to get my Adobe software for free (not clickbait, this solution works). https://youtu.be/0ynyGsf1Mjg 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources