• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why my custom captions have transparent padding around them? How to I remove it?

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have create 5 new images to use as a caption background for my question. I also have an FCM document with my 5 images. 

But each time I upload tehm in  my captivate, I alwasys have a transparent padding around my images.

How can I remove this padding to have my background covering all the caption?

Thanks

Catherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these shapes with the fill as your image? If so you might want to select Stretch so your image fills the shape. Alternatively, you may need to make your captions smaller to only take up the area that the image uses.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's a bmp made in photoshop. Only a square fill with a color. In captivate, even I get my caption smaller, the padding sitll here and it finish that I don't see my color background. I only see the padding.

Where do I select stretch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I think what's happening is that you are using the old style captions. I would switch those to Smart Shape Captions instead. Are these for regular questions slides? What project theme are you using and what version of Adobe Captivate are you running?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use smartshape and advenced action for my questions but the problem is that I must have a questions pool. We want to have 5 rendom question out of my 10 questions. 

Once in a pool, all question must use the "automatic" question caption from captivate. I can't use my action to show or hide my shape... So i have many problem. The first one is to have a good backgroup for my caption and then, so many other issue that came from the fact that I can't use my action and then, when the feedback appear, if you continue and want go back to the previous question, the feedback caption have desapear... 

It's so annoying that we can't use your action when we use question pool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hesitated to answer, because I have answered the same question a couple of weeks ago, but never got feedback. Captions are the old text containers, the only ones available until version 6 when shapes appeared.

You did create captions, which need to have a very specific workflow, and the need for a FCM file, which should have the padding settings. How did you create the FCM documents?

Shapes are much easier to manipulate, since you can do everything in Captivate, no need for bmp files, nor FCM files. You can fill a shape with a solid color, a gradient or a shape. And you can specify margins when using it as text container. A shape can also be used as a button.

Default setting for Captivate projects is now to have all messages in shapes, with the exception of Software simulations where by default captions are still used. You talk about Quiz slides, normally they use shapes for the feedback messages. 

Are you using a very old Captivate version, or just a similarly old workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use smartshape and advenced action for my questions but the problem is that I must have a questions pool. We want to have 5 rendom question out of my 10 questions. 

Once in a pool, all question must use the "automatic" question caption from captivate. I can't use my action to show or hide my shape... So i have many problem. The first one is to have a good backgroup for my caption and then, so many other issue that came from the fact that I can't use my action and then, when the feedback appear, if you continue and want go back to the previous question, the feedback caption have desapear... 

It's so annoying that we can't use your action when we use question pool!
I have adobe 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to use captions at all... I already mentioned that the default messages on quiz slides are shapes, not captions.

Pool questions have some limitations, but you can have advanced actions. If you explained exactly what you want to do, please start a new thread. What you really need to solve is far away from the caption/shape problem. Have a look at this post, which may be a start:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's easier to show you than to describe it. See if this tutorial helps: https://youtu.be/BoU4NvhbNEQ 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I can't use shape because I can't add a Show/hide action when I hit the submit button. 

Usually all my question have action when I click on submit. I show my shape for my good feedback and show my Nest button. Or I show my shape for the fail feedback. 

Now I don't have any place to have any action when it's good or not... so can't have any shape to show or hide... 

And yes, the automatic place to insert my good or wrong feedback are caption. (see my capture). 

So how can I have all my action to do when I click on Submit, in a question in a pool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dorénavant écrivez en français, ce serait plus facile pour vous et pour moi. Mes excuses pour cette découverte tardive, même vos noms 'bleu..'  aurait dû m'avertir.

Je vais essayer de répondre à l'autre question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho ok! I see what you mean! And I have look at the video from Paul. Ok great! 🙂 My shape "padding" problem is now resolve! Thanks!

But so many other issu from the question pool now... I will start a new post!

Thanks to both of you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources