• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why use Interactive Videos?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the ability to spread a video across several slides and insert a knowledge check or additional info slide in between each video slide. How is the new feature in Captivate 2019, Interactive Videos, any better? What problem does it solve?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer is very simple: to save time.

I have used both workflows and there is a significant reduction of time with the Interactive video feature. That doesn't mean that I would prefer Interactive video over a full interactive course, just a result of my exploration. It is also very easy to add a bookmark menu and more all on the same slide. If you do this with the older workflow you have to create a lot of custom navigation as well.

One publicly published Interactive video:

Custom Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you actually had to use both methods so this feedback is based on experience. Because my company guidelines require I only use the player skin to go forward, I think interactive videos won't work best for me. The other issue is I need to interject knowledge checks and summary slides at various points along a video. I can try and make this work with interactive videos, but is easier done the longer way. 

Sounds like, at my company, if time is of the essence, then first try interactive videos. Otherwise, do it the way we did it before Captivate 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create "chapters" and have buttons jump to different sections of a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, David, that is what I showed in that example interactive video, but OP seems not to want that, and saving time is not important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is pure experience. Why saving time is not important for you is a mystery. Even if you only use the player skin you can save time. Of course that is your choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources