• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widgets that works on HTML5 only browser - Certificate

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that going forward many browsers will not support Flash Players. And the widgets in Captivate are mostly SWF based. Now i want to understand, if there are any widgets that can be used in our captivate projects and that can be open in all browser even without the flash player support.

I want to show Certificate at the end of my captivate course with Autopopulating user name, kindly let me know if this is possible using widget or any other alternatives.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pragadesh, what we have done is capture the person's name in the beginning of the course and store that in a variable. At the successful end, display an image of the certificate. Put a smart shape with the variable in it over the place on the cert where is belongs. Use a handwriting font as needed. Of course, add the date and such.

Would that work for your application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GilMichelini,

I like the option of creating a cerificate image and 

How should i go about fetching the user name (is there a variable in-built that i can use). also need to know if there is any option to print the same certificate.

Thank you!

Regards,

Pragadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An easy solution would be to ask them what name just before display it. Sorry, we don't print our certificates so I don't have that solution handy. I am sure someone else on this community board has a solution for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Learning Interactions are compatible with HTML5 output. I have not used SWF output since over 3 years.  Did you ever try the packaged Certificate interaction? It is inserting the user name if it can be retrieved from the LMS, the date and the course name as you enter in Project Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources