• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will/Does Adobe Captivate work on apple macOS Monterey 12.01

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I commit, and after getting stung after the Big sur update and Captivate not working as expected, screen issues/ rendering etc.
Does anyone have any advice on whether I should consider purchasing this product again?
And have all fixes been addressed as prior to this latest Mac Os update, Adobe seemed to be very lapsidasical about giving out any resolution time for a fix.  At which point i had to direct my effort at an alternative product, which wasnt great for my clients.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 11.8.0.710. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be. Sorry, the release notes tell that it works on Monterey, myself I am a Windows user which makes it impossible to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest build for Monterey is for subscription-only users. 

Is there a CP build for non-subscription users for Monterey? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding some notes to confirm, in case anyone else out there is investigating this pesky problem:

• I updated MacOS to Monterey (12.3.1) this weekend, because I had other compatibility issues going on and I couldn't delay it anymore. This broke Captivate to the point where it was literally unusable.
  • I reached out to Captivate Support to request help today (5/2/2022). They sent me a VIP link to download the latest version of Captivate 2019 (11.8.0.710). This appears to be the same version that is now available via the free trial download, but I'm not certain of it.
  • After uninstalling the old version and installing the new one, almost everything appears to be working appropriately, which is a huge relief!

Here's the one remaining issue I've noticed so far: when I go into Preferences and click into a tab, it doesn't always render correctly. I end up with a black field like this:

JennTheERPGeek_0-1651530442782.png

Workaround: when I click into any one of those entry boxes, it seems to "wake up" the screen, and it renders appropriately.  It's annoying, but appears to be functional; as long as my big dumb fingers are careful, I don't think there's much risk of accidentally changing a setting I want to preserve. I reported this issue to the support team as well.

I'll report back if I find any more quirks that aren't already documented here in the community. Cheers, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up, I went through a lot of pain with Monterey and captivate in jan so was holding off with 12.3.1 expecting the worst. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources