• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working in State View

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing advice on how to fix a problem in the State View. In my Normal View I have the button the size I need it to be. In the Roll over and Visited Stqate, the button is the original size, which you can see when you click the button during the training. How do I fix the RollOver and Visited views to stay the same size as the Normal view?

aureliab1_0-1625866008873.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which type of 'button' you are talking about, but it looks to be a shape button? Can you please confirm?

What you show is NOT the default behavior. If you convert a shape to a button, the Rollover and Down states are locked to the Normal state for their size and location. You could add objects to states, but the core region (clickable) should be the same. I wait for your answer to my first question. You may have a look at my overview of the 6 button types in Captivate 11.5 (not sure which version you use).

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the easiest way to correct something (not just true in Captivate) is to delete it and start from scratch. In this case, I would delete the Rollover and Down states. You can delete states by right-clicking on those states and selecting Delete State.  Once those are deleted right-click on the normal state and select Add State. Select the Inbuilt State for Rollover. Repeat these steps to recreate the Down state as well. You will have three identical versions of the Normal state for all three of your states. Now you can modify the Rollover and Down states to your liking. Once you are finished I would recommend that you save this new configuration as an Object Style so you can easily apply the design appearance to other buttons throughout your project.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked! And thanks for all of the YouTube videos! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like what I'm doing. I need all the support I can get.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources