• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace is larger than my laptop screen

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new computer and installed Captivate 8 and opened one of my projects. The workspace is larger than my screen. I cannot access the properties tab or the library tab. The exit button and minimize button are not visible. How do I resize the window so I see the whole workspace. I've got the view magnification set to best fit and I've tried all of the others as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

I place my cursor over the top or left border and try to reduce that way.  Once the window is smaller than original, it is easy to reduce its size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Popeye, well use your strenght! Kkkkkk, just kidding, Ipm sorry but if you already on the max resolution your monitor supports, you gonna have to buy a larger monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reduce the size of the CP-window..then you'll be able to move it and maximize. That is my work flow when I have to reduce resolution because of a presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reduce the size, all I can do is minimize and maximize, I can't get to the buttons in the upper right. My screen resolution is 1366 x 768, the monitor I have at the office is 1600x900. Can I not work on the project after disconnecting from the office screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I place my cursor over the top or left border and try to reduce that way.  Once the window is smaller than original, it is easy to reduce its size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not typical for Captivate, just an old Windows trick. Glad you can work again (or maybe not )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Popeye4u,

Take a look at the workspaces details in the help. You should be able to create a workspace for the docked view and undocked that will allow you to switch between modes quickly after undocking.

In docked mode it would help to have a 2nd monitor for pallet display such as the library and timeline, as they can be moved and repositioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BDuckWorks  Workspaces are gone in UI newbie mode in CP8. No one regrets it more than I do, there is a way to have them back, but not totally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced same problem with my laptop. My laptop screen problem iterrupt my work. I wanted to change the screen through laptop repair sservice center. Need suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources