Exit

XLM export file cannot be imported to captivate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I’m using Captivate 2019 on Windows 10.

I exported an ILIAS learning module as XLM file and tried to import it into Captivate. This, however, does not seem to work: The error message “XML cannot be imported” shows up.  

I could also export the learning module as SCORM or HTML file, but am not sure how to import it into captivate....

Here's the XML code:

Bild_2021-03-25_110547.png

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

Lea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import/Export functionality, both for Word and XML is meant for translation goals. You can only import a file which has been first exported from Captivate. It is not meant to import any other XML file.

Maybe you need to use a webobject?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are in a situation where we also tried several things. XML didn´t work out for us.
@Lilybiri   We have a Learning Module in ILIAS LMS with 60 swf files in it. Since HTML embedding is not supported on actual release of LMS for security reasons we are trying to import all of the static/noninteractive page content to Adobe Captivate and wrap it up to ONE Project , which will be exported as one standardized Scorm Project and will work flawless in ILIAS LMS-
.So far the same steps were tried in our case here. Your suggestion with the webobject is maybe helpfull but I´m not sure what it means...

If one could export LSitestructure and static content of proprietary ILIAS Learning Module as HTML or SCORM 1.2 or afterwards , is it possible to import it . perhaps you could link up some examples for a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources