I just started using the trial version of Captivate Prime and I have a few questions
1) I accidentally deleted a user. I want to add the user back but is there really no way to add the user back under the same email? If that is the case, I don't understand why.
2) Why can't I delete a course after it is published?
3) I had someone take a test course and answer a few questions at the end but they cannot seem to retake the course. Is there some way for me to clear their attempt at the course and let them start over?
Any help is appreciated.
thanks for your questions lrn2dive,
1. To re-add a deleted user, contact the support team (you can use CaptivateHelp at adobe dot com) for this during your trial period. It's set up this way to discourage license abuse and protect the user data. The recommended approach would be to deactivate or activate a learner, rather than delete them. No worries, support can reactivate it for you. (captivateHelp [at] adobe [dot] com).
2. You can retire a course. That effectively means to 'delete' a course. The reason it is retired is because the data in an LMS is top priority. Retired courses are effectively in a virtual trash can. You can still duplicate retired courses - effectively 'un-deleting' it.
3. Yes, you can set a course to enable allow multiple attempts, and in that case Prime will add a retake button at the end of the quiz, and will add a retake button to the course info screen - both will allow the learner to retake the quiz.
I am chatting with tech support now to get the email reset but I do not see a way to allow multiple attempts on the course. The module in the course was created in Captivate and the quiz is set to allow infinite attempts but I do not see anything in Captivate Prime that allows me to allow multiple attempts on the course that the module is part of.
The little replay button should appear automatically if the content was failed first time. You can also check the box in the Prop inspector in Captivate on the quiz review page to add the retake quiz button to the quiz summary page.
Here are a couple of screenshots.
See that little recycle icon on Customer Identification Assessment - that indicates it can be retaken. The checkboxes indicate completion. The one with no icon, has not been visited.
LMK if this helps,
I was looking for the ability to add a retake button in Captivate and I do not see that option in the properties inspector. Just a few details that might be of help...
1) The quiz in captivate is a graded quiz with each question set for infinite attempts.
2) The only buttons I have on the Quiz Results slide are "Continue" and "Review Quiz'. I cannot figure out where I would add a "Retake" button.
3) When a learner finishes the quiz on Captivate Prime, they see their results and an option to revisit the course but they are not able to retake the quiz if they pass it.
What I am trying to do is create a short course that I can use as a demo for a customer and internally to show what we can do with the LMS. So I want to be able to show people what a course looks like and how it looks when you are answering questions so I need a course that I can reset after each demo. Is that possible? Any help is appreciated.
Ah - so you want to create a course that essentially resets, as though it hasn't been used before?
I actually do that myself when demonstrating Prime. Here's how I do it.
I first 'retire' the original course. This effectively deletes it, but of course data from the course is preserved, and it doesn't really remove the course, just removes it from the courses available to people to take.
Then I Duplicate that original course. You can use the same name over and over - but Prime will try to rename it (Copy of ...). I rename the course as desired, and then I simply save and publish. This creates a new instance of the course, inside your catalog, and it will be a fresh copy.
Now for the alternative. There is a setting in SCORM (I suspect in AICC as well) that allows you to create a course that can reset after completion. The trick is to set the course 'Advanced' settings to 'Never Send Resume Data'. This will create a course that will record completion, and that can be revisited, but that will have a fresh quiz to take each time you revisit it.
You'll find that setting in the Quiz Preferences: Reporting tab, under the 'Advanced' button.
LMK if that helps,
Thank you. The "Never Send Resume Data" setting did the trick. Thanks for your expertise.
Hi Allen, thank you for the explanation! In the case of having multiple modules including assessment in one course like your screenshot here, what would be the workaround if I want to have that reset option for normal modules but disable it only for the assessment? If I have activated the "Retake Quiz" option, I would like to disable the reset for assessment.
Allen, I see the option to activate and de-activate an external user, but not an internal user.
I have the option (under Actions) to delete an internal user. If I do this, can I get them back?
How would this work?
Yes, you can add a deleted internal user back to Captivate Prime by adding him either as a single user or using CSV import.
For adding him/her back, you just need to go to Users tab in your Admin profile and click ADD button to include his/her details.
but is this user than completely new for the system because it was deleted from the system before?
Or does the system remember all users and their data, even though you "delete" them?
Edit: I found the answre here: Re: Reactivate User the system remembers!!! great!