• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Courses to Published Learning Program

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add additional courses to a learning program after it (the learning program) has been published?  I'd like to push out my Learning Program with the courses I currently have developed, but I know as I create more courses, I'll want to add them to the program as well.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Jen

TOPICS
Course module , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

Prime does not allow to change the structure of a published Learning Program.

Hence you cannot add or remove courses when a learning program is published.

You can duplicate the learning program and add new courses to it and then can publish it.

Regards,

Ruchi Rathore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jen,

I wanted to provide some more info on this aspect of publishing in Prime.  This is from another similar thread.

Here's a bit of clarity on how Prime handles editing states for courses being authored.

There are essentially three states of a course, once you have authored that course.

• DRAFT - you've started to define the course, and perhaps even saved it, but not yet published it.
  • PUBLISHED - you've published a course, and it is update-able (you can update modules)
  • RETIRED - you've retired the course. You can republish a retired course, but it becomes only partially editable.

In most cases, the retired state allows you to edit the basics - eg. name of course, description etc. but there are aspects of a retired course that cannot be edited. (IOW it doesn't return to DRAFT state.) Here are the things that cannot be edited in RETIRED state:

1. You cannot add a course module.
  2. You cannot delete a course module.
  3. You cannot re-sequence the order of course modules
  4. You cannot alter the navigation access for course modules
  5. You cannot alter the assigned skills / skill credits
  6. You cannot alter the enrollment type (eg. self enroll, manager approved etc.)

So perhaps more importantly, in the immediate term. You can duplicate a course, and effectively that returns you to a DRAFT state. The advantage is that it gets the course back to DRAFT - fully editable, without having to recreate the content. You'll be able to reorder modules etc.  The disadvantage is that if you've already deployed the course - and want the data combined - you'd have to aggregate the data of the original and the new one together in your reports.

Thanks again for your comments. I'll be sure to share them with Deepak and the Prime engineering team.

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources