• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company that I work for uses Adobe Connect. There are many features that are missing from Adobe Connect that are present in Captivate Prime. Having said that there is an LMS in Adobe Captivate i.e. how can one integrate Captivate with Adobe Connect. How can we leverage the best of both worlds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed information.

One of the biggest piece which Adobe Connect provides is its Virtual classroom feature. Going forward, Captivate Prime will have a tight integration with Adobe Connect VC such that you can initiate VC session from within Prime and track the user details back to Prime. Prime already provides you a way to setup courses and much more.

We already support the scenario of users leaving the system and new users joining the system. Prime licensing is on per sea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am assuming that you are looking for information on how to use Captivate courses in Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime. If that's correct, you can refer to the following Help content:

How do I publish a Captivate project to Captivate Prime? | Adobe Captivate Prime Help

Adobe Captivate Help | Adobe Connect‌

Thanks,

Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Kindly tell us which features from Adobe Connect do you use.

Based on this information, we can help you with the integration possibilities between Adobe Connect and Adobe Captivate Prime.

Also, your question is slightly confusing. Are you looking for integration between Captivate and Captivate Prime OR Connect and Captivate Prime?

Let us know in detail so that we can guide you accordingly.

Regards

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry. I can understand why this may be confusing as I am asking questions on my own behalf and for the company I work for. Let me take a step back and try clarify.

At the moment we (the company I work for) are using Adobe Connect. We use all the features that Adobe Connect has to offer e.g. Events, virtual classrooms, etc. We publish to AC (Adobe Connect) via Captivate and Presenter. We use AC LMS to track users etc.

Then there is Captivate Prime... another LMS. It has certain features that AC does not have .. .BUT.... there are a lot of features that overlap.

In my mind I have to sell this to the decision makers. How do I do this if they are so much alike? How do I integrate the two products? I am thinking that one would use Captivate Prime as the LMS and AC as a Virtual environment. I can understand this but then we run into issues like licencing. We have about 4000 learners. On average we have 100 new learners every month at the same time we lose a large portion of those learners on a monthly basis. In the AC world this is fine as we have something called concurrent users .. I do not think you have something like that in Captivate Prime.

This is one example that I need a strategy for. I can think of other examples as well.

Then to top it all off... I know my company is looking into purchasing AEM ... Another LMS by Adobe. There too, are many overlapping features.

My dilemma is to look at all of this and come up with some kind of strategy.

Hope this makes more sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed information.

One of the biggest piece which Adobe Connect provides is its Virtual classroom feature. Going forward, Captivate Prime will have a tight integration with Adobe Connect VC such that you can initiate VC session from within Prime and track the user details back to Prime. Prime already provides you a way to setup courses and much more.

We already support the scenario of users leaving the system and new users joining the system. Prime licensing is on per seat basis. Once the learner leaves the system, his/her seat is available again and you can register a new user for the same seat. Thus you can re-use your purchased seats multiple times. (Please note that a user once out of Prime LMS cannot return to the system again. We restrict it to avoid false practices)

For further questions, you can email us at captivateprimesales@adobe.com and the appropriate team will help you resolve your queries.

Regards

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources