• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning External Group to Learning Program

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a new External Group, I need to assign that group to a learning program.  The new group is not on the list when I choose to 'Enroll' on the Learning Program.  When the 1st user registers, they have NO content to start the program.  Waiting for the 1st user to register, then go back into administration to assign the group is backwards and not time efficient???  Is there another way I can set this up so I can assign courses to 'new' external groups.  It does not need to be a Learning Program if there is another way to do it.

Thanks

TOPICS
Job aids , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Very helpful for 'Internal Users' but my question was regarding 'External Groups'.

I was able to reach a support person and they suggested I create a 'Learning Plan' to assign the Learning Program once they've registered.  So far, this is working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HST U.

There are a few methods you can use to get learners added to Prime and assign courses to them. Here are some options to consider.

option1_add_Profile_to_course.png

OPTION 1 (above image)

Once you have your learners loaded in Prime as users, you can assign a course to them when it is first created.

option2_enroll_cohort_from_course_card.png

OPTION 2 (above image)

Once you have your learners loaded in Prime as users, you can assign a course to them via the course card.

option3_Part One_create_profile_link_for_enrollment.png

option3_Part Two_create_profile_link_for_enrollment.png

OPTION 3 (above two images number 1 - 5)

Create a Self Registration link (it creates a profile). This allows you to identify the learners (a cohort) you want to assign to a course -- WHEN CREATING A NEW COURSE.

Explanation for images above (make sure signed in as admin to do this)

Step 1: Click Users link

Step 2: Click Self Registration link

Step 3: Click Add button, from that drop down, click Self Registration

Step 4: Name Profile, add manager

Step 5: Be sure to copy and save the link that is generated.

How to use Profile link once it is created

1. The Profile link is a self-registration mechanism. You email the link to those that need to be added as users to Prime. As they register in Prime, they are NOW IN POSITION TO BE ASSIGNED COURSES.
  2. When you create your course you can immediately assign a Profile to the course (see Option 1 above).
  3. Which ever courses are created in the future, and that profile is added to the course, users in that profile will be assigned the course.
  4. SIDE NOTE: as site admin, Prime emails you when learners enroll. It's a nice check & balance to peek at now and then as you move through your different workflows.

I hope my take on this helps you!

The Prime team is working hard to develop a comprehensive user guide for Prime Administrators (I've been on this ride with this request for a year now). With this in mind, for future reference & more details, check out these links:

Feel free to reach out to me, I'll gladly share my experiences using Prime thus far.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very helpful for 'Internal Users' but my question was regarding 'External Groups'.

I was able to reach a support person and they suggested I create a 'Learning Plan' to assign the Learning Program once they've registered.  So far, this is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources