• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Generated User Groups

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive my complete "newb" question.  As I am learning Prime, I have noticed that the Auto Generated User Groups currently has "All users who ID Number is" followed by the number.  Currently, I only have one student, but it concerns me that the auto-generate may do that for every student added.

Once there are more learners and the system finds no duplicate ID Numbers, will that disappear from the auto-generated user groups?  Or will is continue to add another group for every ID Number?  That could make the list ridiculously long.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

In Prime, we do create as many groups as possible using the users' information we have.

The reason behind this is to ease your way to select users whenever necessary. 

Yes if a field's value is unique then Captivate Prime will create auto-generated groups for each unique value. 

In order to stop it, we can disable the group creation option for that field.

If you go to the Captivate Prime Account > Users > Active Field > Settings, you will see a table like the one shown in the screenshot below.  It should show the field in question.

All we need to do is uncheck the option "Groupable" for that field. This will prevent group creation using this field's data. 

I have attached a sample screenshot from one of my test accounts to help you further.

Groupable.png

Kindly let me know if any further assistance is required.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Debiprasad Maharana

Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your speedy reply.  I noticed the settings (as I was walking through the Adobe support materials) but only had access to chanage Reportable/Exportable.

Having double checked the settings, I can confirm that my Groupable checkboxes are greyed and I am unable to uncheck them.

Lasciere_0-1593530311295.png

I hope you have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to hear from you. 

Kindly try to disable the "Active Fields" temporarily using the checkboxes on them under the "Configure Fields" tab.
You should be able to change the "Groupable" option once its disabled. 

This screenshot may help you.

Debiprasad_Maharana_0-1594030369219.png

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I am at the same location as your screenshot.

Lasciere_0-1594142372590.png

Perhaps I missed a step or misunderstood how it works.  I was working through this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate-prime/administrators/getting-started.html and following individual pages linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to hear from you. 

I see, in your situation here the Active Fields are created but there is no data stored for those Active Fields yet. That is why you do not see that checkbox yet and the Groupable option is not activated. 

So kindly save some data in those fields for some of the users first and then check the Active fields.

You will see the checkbox again the Active Fields and also you should be able to check/uncheck the Groupable and other options for those Active Fields. 

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day!  How many users do I need to have to see the functionality? 

Currently, I am learning Prime, so active, true user data has not been input.  However, I have entered (using the single user method) two users.  When I use edit on each user, they have data in those fields.

Lasciere_0-1594223827800.png

Lasciere_1-1594223851774.png

Is it because they were not entered via an uploaded csv file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad to hear from you. 

Once the details are uploaded, the Active fields should be enabled now and you should be able to edit the properties of the Active Fields. 

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources