• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we control the "request header size"?

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of companies that resale our courses on their own LMS. For the most part, they work fine as published with very little issues. But one of our larger customers is having issues. When they try to play our courses they get an error stating that the "request header size is too big." More specifically, they said: "This error occurs when request header for suspend data sends a parameter that exceeds 5500 characters. The increase in request header size can increase potential of security threats."

Now, I am not entirely sure what a request header is. Is that the address that displays in a browser when the course is recalled?

More importantly, does anyone know if this is something we can control through Captivate? Or is that something their system creates and the error is because their server or something is set to block the long domain? The customer doesn't seem to know or, at least, seems to think it is something I need to change on our course.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm kind of at a loss. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arthur,

I'd suggest moving this thread to the Captivate forum (This is the Captivate Prime forum.) But more immediately important to your inquiry - I believe you can modify it via the HTML template referenced when you package the course for SCORM / AICC / xAPI reporting. A quick note to captivateHelp@adobe.com should help if you need some tips on how to modify that template as required for the given LMS.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources