• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add deleted user

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been testing Captivate Prime, but I've really struggled with adding users via the CSV method. In the end I deleted all the people I'd added so far thinking that I'll just do it all in one hit once I've figured out the CSV situation. I'm now ready to re-add some users but I'm not able to do so as the 'email address already exists'

I did see a message flash up when I deleted them initially but as I'm in trial mode I didn't take too much notice. I'm not the first person to do this, and I'm sure I wont be the last...it might be worth rethinking this approach? Please can someone advise on how I can add people back in to the system after they've been removed? Worst case scenario I can use alternate addresses, but seems a bit extreme.

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Course settings , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Hi James,

In Prime, if a user is deleted once, he cannot be added back to the system.

The reason for this is, when a learner is deleted and becomes active after some time, it will mess up the reporting data, gamification strategy, certifications etc. for the time when he was missing from the user list. To avoid such scenarios, Prime does not support re-adding of a user.

As you mentioned that you were trying Prime and deleted users accidentally, we can make them active from back-end so that you can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

In Prime, if a user is deleted once, he cannot be added back to the system.

The reason for this is, when a learner is deleted and becomes active after some time, it will mess up the reporting data, gamification strategy, certifications etc. for the time when he was missing from the user list. To avoid such scenarios, Prime does not support re-adding of a user.

As you mentioned that you were trying Prime and deleted users accidentally, we can make them active from back-end so that you can continue to explore Prime.

Please reach me out on 'rrathore@adobe.com' and we can discuss further on this issue.

Regards,

Ruchi Rathore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ruchi,

I kind of get the logic, I wont put us through the bother of reactivating them though as we can use alternative email addresses this time round. Now I know I'll be a little less gung ho with my trial.

Best,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources