• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate ID Login Method

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me, or is there virtually no moderation or Adobe staff attention to this forum?  I am asking my question from three weeks ago again:

In the newest update to Prime, there is provision for a Captivate ID login method. When you select it, and create an external user group, the users still get the same Adobe ID sign up form. What IS the Captivate Prime ID and how does it differ from Adobe ID?

I really want to provide Prime accounts to learners for self-registration, but I don't want to force them to get Adobe IDs. Please explain how this can be accomplished - SSO is not an option, because the learners are all external.

Thank you

TOPICS
Learning program , SSO configuration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nis Ove Jornaes

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

Captivate Prime Id and Adobe Id are both the same however for external user, you do not need Adobe Id. External user can sign in to Captivate Prime using the Enrollment link send by the Admin of the Captivate Prime Account.

SSO for external user feature is now available in Prime if you wish to setup SSO for external user i will send you the steps.

For more details please refer this link Add users or user groups in Captivate Prime .

Regards,

Devendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Devendra,

In all my tests, the external link you refer to, takes the user to an Adobe ID form. Why did you invent a distinct login method (called Captivate ID) if it is the same as the Adobe ID login method?

Could you please list the procedure, step by step, by which I can establish a learner in Captivate Prime, WITHOUT requiring them to have an Adobe ID? I don't care if the learner is internal or external - I just don't want my learners to have to enter into the Adobe marketing machine, in order to take the courses I offer. SSO is not an option, because the learners aren't from the same network or even organization.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Nis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am interested to know if I can give my learners a password. I don't want them to bother enrolling for an adobeID and getting adobe adverts etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources