Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Javascript Interface not working when uploaded to Captivate Prime

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Captivate has a Javascript interface as documented here: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/captivate/using/common-js-interface.html

I am the developer of the CpExtra Captivate extension which makes heavy use of this API. Particularly the ability to be notified of a variable change with a line of code such as the following:

window.cpAPIEventEmitter.removeEventListener("CPAPI_VARIABLEVALUECHANGED",function(){alert("Variable Value Changed");},"cpQuizInfoStudentID");

A customed contacted me a few days ago letting me know that CpExtra is no longer working when uploaded to the Captivate Prime LMS. After some testing I created the attached project WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE CPEXTRA. This is a one slide project which has some javascript which displays an alert box when the MyVar variable changes. The slide contains a button which changes the MyVar variable. Upload this to SCORM cloud and the alert box will appear. Upload this to Captivate Prime and the alert box fails to appear.

The Captivate project can be downloaded here: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/_downloads/prime_js_api_test.zip

Can the Captivate Prime team confirm they can reproduce this issue? My customer would appreciate a swift response so they can deliver their course on deadline, as I'm sure would the many other Adobe customers who also make use of CpExtra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

We need to investigate the issue further to confirm the information. 

Kindly allow us some time to test the project and get back to you. 

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Debiprasad,

I am very grateful to know the team is looking in to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debiprasad,

I understand the team probably hasn't had time to find a solution to this issue just yet, but is it possible yet to confirm whether or not the team was able to replicate the issue?

Tristan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to keep everyone up to date on the progress of this issue. Because of the lack of response from Adobe, our customer requested a refund for CpExtra, which we granted.

We are concerned about the rest of our customers who are using Captivate Prime as well. We don't have any news we can tell them about any progress with this issue.

We will have to post this as a known issue in our CpExtra help site, pointing to this forum post so that our customers can see if there is any response from Adobe.

We will also have to let the other Javascript developers in the Captivate community know about this issue, because this involves a commonly used feature which will effect them as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources