• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Prime Interactive Video does not work

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading Captivate files is tricky, the first few times I did it, it said invalid file type.

I fixed that by loading much smaller files via the upload to prime link in captivate 9.

The problem is that if you have a video and you want to have interactive  components, it appears that you can't because the output is HTML5, which doesn't support common things like the table of contents.

Are there plans to fix this? Or are there ways I can upload interactive content with videos to Prime?

Thanks!

Jeremy

TOPICS
Fluidic player , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeremy,

Issue-1:

Uploading large files from Captivate to Prime using inbuilt PublishToPrime feature depends on the network upload speed. If the speed is slow (or the files are large), upload may fail.
We are working on this and would fix it in Captivate 9 soon.

As an easy workaround, for now you can publish the files on your desktop and then upload to Captivate Prime from browser.

Issue-2:

I did not understand the problem you have mentioned. Can you please elaborate. If you are referring to the the Captivate's Table of Contents (TOC), then Prime supports it. If the content is published from Captivate 9, then the TOC will be displayed in Prime playbar. (Please look for a TOC button on the bottom left of Prime playbar). If it is a scorm/aicc file published from Captivate 8 or lower, then Prime shows Captivate playbar as it is.

Let us know if you have any other issues which we could not understand. Please elaborate.

Thank you.

Mukul

Captivate Prime Engineering Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Captivate Prime transcoding the video again upon Pulbish to Prime from within Captivate 9?

What are the exact video specs for Captivate 9?

Everything: size, codec or compression type, fps, key framing, data rate, and optimzed for, i.e. streaming, downloading, plus audio sample rate and sample size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Video files uploaded directly into Prime are transcoded to optimize performance across various download speeds and screen sizes. Prime streams those videos directly based on the network availability and screen size of the receiving viewer application. I'll check with engineering to see if they can provide some more detail for you regarding any transcoding that is done by Prime for video content embedded into a Captivate file.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allen or other Adobe guru,

Can you suggest where I can find more information about best practices for adding video into Captivate 2017 - or directly into Captivate Prime? What are some of the options and what are the best choices? I'm currently working with Captivate Prime Support after having previously worked with TCS Gold support on the Captivate 2017, but I also wondered if there were more learning resources for these issues. I'd like to understand best practices better.

Right now, my Captivate 2017 courses are working fine on my computer when published to Prime, but the videos will not play on my iPad (using browser). I have made them much smaller now in 720 p resolution (which decreased the size to 1/25th of the original). Still, they won't play on the iPad. The only way I could get the video to play on the iPad was to upload the video file directly into Prime and then add that module into a course. This wasn't how I wanted to do it. I wanted to have a few informational slides, then have a video play, then have a few quiz slides and then another video, etc. But so far we cannot make that work. Still working with Adobe's support, but I feel I should understand all of this better. How should it work? How can I learn more?

Thank you,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura,

Are you playing the course on the iPad via the iPad app? Which version of iPad are you using?

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allen,

I am not using the Prime App on advice of Captivate Prime Support, only accessing Prime though Safari browser. I’m using iPad version 10.3.2 (14F89). It’s an iPad Air with iOS up to date.

-Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see this is a bit old but just in case it helps. I have created several modules that contain multiple videos and multiple knowledge check slides.

They seem to function fine in Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and the Prime App for iPad.

So here is my general method.

I created the videos with Camtasia and produced them as mp4 only. I placed a video object on my screen and linked to the mp4. When I launch in browser or iPad app they function fine and even have a "full screen" button on the skin that I assigned to them. I am also exporting as HTML5 only and then loading the zipped folder to the content library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also an in need of this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources