• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Project doesn't work in Prime - Why not?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a project using Captivate 2019.  While previewing in HTML and later when published, uploaded to AWS, and view/played the project works smoothly.

I published the project to Prime, from inside of Captivate, and the only interactivity that is present are the continue buttons.  The slide onEnter, other HTML and Javascript do not function.

Why does it respond so differently in Prime? Is it intentional?  As it stands now, the project is useless (literally, not an emotional response).  

It is a disappointing experience and seriously burst my bubble about how wonderful Prime is suppose to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team. 

Could you please share the details of the actions you are using in Captivate that is not working in Captivate Prime?

Also kindly share a sample project to check the details at our end and get back to you with an update. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a PM with further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been indicated to me (by someone who has significantly more knowledge about how HTML and Captivate work) that:

"Captivate implements a Javascript API which CpExtra makes use of. It is documented here: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/captivate/using/common-js-interface.html

However, it seems when Captivate is imported into Captivate Prime elements of this API stop working."

It is possible for someone to check on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The system is asking me to mark an answer correct.  However, I have not received an update or an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources