It seems like a very simple LMS requirement that is lacking in Prime.
I have worked with several other LMS platforms and all of them have the ability to set the course to be repeated. Certain training is required every year, every three years etc.
In Prime only Certifications can be used. Certifications do not allow classroom training or blended courses. It may be a surprise to Adobe that classroom training is still done, but in the real world this option is important.
Since I can not find a feature request/bug reporting option, I will complain here.
Captivate Prime is missing a lot of customizable features. You Currently can not:
1. Manually complete a certification with any date other than the current date.
2. Submissions can not be dated. I use this for outside training. I can have a learner submit (upload) a certificate from a training course but I can not input the actual completion date anywhere. The Learner transcript only records the date the outside submission was approved. Not the information needed in the real world.
3. Easily change the language preference of the UI
4. Learning Plans do not recognize historical data. Currently the learning plan only recognizes the act of completing a learning object, not whether the learning object was completed in the past
5. Customizable certificates (badges). Unable to pull in active field or user profile information
OK Forgot one!
If you create an External Certification you can not upload any historical completion dates. This almost makes the feature useless.