• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Courses disappearing for students

Advisor ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now had two instances in the last 24 hours where a student has enrolled in a class, maybe viewed a module or two - and suddenly the course is no longer available to them. It has disappeared from their list of available courses.

Has anyone else encountered this before? Was there any solution?

We have had several hundred take the course with no problems.

I did unenroll one student and reenroll them. The course was visible for a couple hours and was then gone again.

Puzzled...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

Today - for one of the students - the missing course was available again without any apparent intervention.

Of course, this is good news but it still leaves the question of why it disappeared in the first place.

One must also be concerned for how often it will happen. It is disrupting and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a third person report the disappearing class trick.

Need to find something they all have in common. (Besides the course) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two new developments

1. A fourth person has had their course disappear.

2. I have now personally experienced "disappearing" things. I tried to create a new learning plan today and I am not able find certain groups in my list when I type and I was also not able to pull up certain students when trying to enroll them into a course who are present in my user list. Can't search them but I can perform the infinite scroll of death through hundreds of users and see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update -

Had a short chat with Adobe Support today.

The response is that I may need to wait up to 24 hours for databases to be updated during times when they are busy.

I will check again before bed and again in the morning.

#fingersCrossed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if that solved your issues.

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saurav

Similar situation for one of my clients, a public sector client. This has been going on for 1+ weeks now. Client is not pleased at all. It used to be immediately loading. Now, you create an account and the content does not load into the catalog, certification path, or course plan for a new user. Only old users. Sometimes it happens after 30 minutes. Some times it takes 4-6 hours. We have even had to recreate accounts as Captivate Prime locks us out. 

Is the service current experience an outage? The SLA's on Adobe's part are not being met. Support is not responding to emails or chats. Please advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Things did seem to come around over the weekend.

Thanks for checking in Saurav. It was a bit of a scare.

I can imagine the increase in online activity for Prime and other LMS platforms during lockdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources