Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

courses in learning programs do not appear in catalog

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone--

I am relatively new to Captivate Prime. My company is currently testing the first learning program I created (comprised of three courses). I assigned the learners to the learning program, and all learners have completed the program. We have noticed that when the learners view the Catalog, while they can see their learning program, they do not see the individual courses. However, I can:

Learner-Catalogs.png

In that top row, the "Remittance and Contribution Training" is the Learning Program, which is comprised of "Introduction to Contribution Processing," "Introduction to Rate Tables" and "LMS Assessment - Round One Survery".

So my catalog view shows the learning program and the courses within that learning program individually, which I would expect. But the learners who are enrolled in the Learning program, can only see the Learning Program in the default catalog and not the courses.

Is this a quirk of the fact that I, as Admin, enrolled learners in a program? Or is there some setting that allows learners to see the individual courses in a learning program in the default catalog? Even after enrolling in a learning program that contains those courses?

Thanks,

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple catalogs or just the main default one?

I created a few extras and assigned courses to specific catalogs that only certain profiles can see.

The default catalog - I believe - should house everything but you may need to adjust who can see it.

Also - Are you sure they are viewing the catalog and not their My Learning tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have multiple catalogs, but that was only when I was experimenting with the LMS; only the default catalog (which is the only catalog open to all users; no one is linked to the others) has courses in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, they are definitely looking at the catalog and not My Learning; I checked that several times.Sorry, hit the button too soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only learning objects which allow for 'self-enrollment' should appear in any learner catalogs (default or otherwise).

If you have additional questions or would like to know more, feel free to contact me directly.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime Account Manager - Clarix Technologies

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com
Adobe Connect | Adobe Learning Manager | Adobe Acrobat Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Craig,

Once you assign a Learning Program to learners, they will not be able to view the component Courses individually. This is because in an LP you configure an order for the learners to take the Courses. Allowing them access to individual Courses outside the LP means they will then be able to take them in any order they like. Hence, as soon as a learner is enrolled in an LP, s/he will not able to see the Courses individually in the Catalogs. The Courses will only appear in their My Learning when they access the LP. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources