CSV Organization and Use?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question about the CSV method of uploading and maintaining our database of learners.

I understand that I can have any number of columns in my CSV file so long as I include the mandatory columns. If there is a limit, please let me know.

If I set up my CSV file with columns titled "Group1", "Group2", and "Group3" and identify each user as a "member" or "non-member" in each column then Prime will automatically set up profiles with the name of each column. Again, if that isn't how it works, please let me know.

What happens later if I edit the CSV file and move someone from Group3 to Group1 by editing the member/non-member value in the appropriate columns for that learner? Will Prime automatically update the profile? (I am guessing it will.) If so, and I've used that profile to assign  learners to a user group within Prime, will those user groups be automatically update with the change?

TOPICS
Job aids, Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2016
Mayank_Meh Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2016
Hi Peter,If later you edit the CSV and move someone from Group3 to Group 1 or any other changes then you will need to import the CSV again to Prime and it will update those changes that you made in the CSV to Prime. All the changes made in CSV will automatically reflect in the user groups.Regards,Mayank

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

If later you edit the CSV and move someone from Group3 to Group 1 or any other changes then you will need to import the CSV again to Prime and it will update those changes that you made in the CSV to Prime. All the changes made in CSV will automatically reflect in the user groups.

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Kodiak100 AUTHOR LATEST
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is great news! That means I can manage all of the user groups with one spreadsheet/CSV file...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines