• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSV Upload Issues

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues uploading a bulk user list via CSV.

After a lot of trial an error and a number of Prime errors (none of which were particularly helpful), I managed to get a CSV upload to work. Unfortunately, not all of the employees on my CSV uploaded.

I tried to delete everyone and start over, but I couldn't delete a manager despite her no longer having reports in the system.

When I tried to reupload the CSV, none of the employees on the list populated in Prime despite it indicating that the upload was successful.

Not sure what the issue may be here, but here are some additional questions:

- When exporting a CSV, should anything be done to the cells prior to export to ensure that there aren't issues? Remove formatting, etc.

- Will the system behave differently if the CSV is exported from Keynote vs. Excel for Mac? 

- How will the system handle people with two first names? Anne Marrie, David Lee, etc.

TOPICS
Course instances , Course settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

To get an idea about what fields are mandatory in the CSV, you can refer to the file present in this thread Captivate Prime Sample CSV‌

Managers cannot be deleted on Prime directly like the way you delete other users. For deleting managers, they have to be removed from the CSV and then the file should be imported on Prime again.

Once you delete some user, you cannot add them to Prime again. The warning dialog during deletion specifies that deleted users cannot be added again. Although the upload is successful, deleted users are ignored and only the remaining users will be shown.

Answers to additional questions are below:

- When exporting a CSV, should anything be done to the cells prior to export to ensure that there aren't issues? Remove formatting, etc. - Formatting can remain. But all the fields mentioned in the sample CSV has to be present in your file

- Will the system behave differently if the CSV is exported from Keynote vs. Excel for Mac?  - No. The system expects a .CSV format so any editor that can produce it is OK.

- How will the system handle people with two first names? Anne Marrie, David Lee, etc. - There is only one field for Employee Name, so both first names and last name has to be specified in a single column. There can be multiple first and multiple last names in the same column

Regards,

Deepashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepashree,

"Once you delete some user, you cannot add them to Prime again. The warning dialog during deletion specifies that deleted users cannot be added again. Although the upload is successful, deleted users are ignored and only the remaining users will be shown."

Seriously? That seems like a horrible design. What is the logic behind that? And if that genuinely is the case, why is there not a huge warning that it's irreversible?

In testing, I deleted my entire training team. If I can't get them back into the system, there is zero chance that my organization can use Prime as a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Please mail me at dbh@adobe.com so that we can provide you additional support and sort out issues that you are facing.

Regards,

Deepashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been trying (unsuccessfully) to import users via the CSV route, it took me a while but I eventually realised that it would be quicker to do them by hand.

Things got a bit messy, so I decided to delete everyone and start again, now I've just read this thread - has the problem with not being able to add people who've been deleted been fixed? Have to say that I'm not getting very far at all with setting up Prime for my org - haven't even been able to setup a single user so far. Wish it was easy as your demo videos make believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Please let us know if you would still want the deleted users to be added back.

Regards,

Deepashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue.  I can't seem to upload a csv successfully even using Adobe's test CSV examples.

Can I add users in bulk in Captivate Prime applicaiton?

I have about a 1000 users.  I even tried the FTP integration with no luck.  For something as basic as CSV upload it shouldn't be this complicated.  The headers on the system are Name, Email, Profile, Manager and Employee ID.

Any ideas or suggestion feel free to contact me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources