• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete user via API

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to delete a user via the captivate api which seems to physically remove the user record.  My question is there a way to "disable" the user via the api by setting the "state" attribute or is it best to physically delete the user record?  just trying to figure out best practices.

TOPICS
SSO configuration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how to you delete user profiles and how do you proved that they got "physically removed"?

I observed that the API does only change the state to DELETED. The delete action via the web UI has the same effect. To fully delete a user profile it is required to pruge them as documented by Adobe here https://helpx.adobe.com//captivate-prime/administrators/feature-summary/purge-users.html 

Would be nice to know if you found a solution to directly remove user profiles via the API instead of just flagging them as deleted which just moves them into a read-only state and disables access in the web UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

We do not have any bulk delete method in Prime or any other way to remove the user data from Prime through API. 

We have to do it via UI. 

Untitled.png

Kindly let me know if any further assistance is required.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Debiprasad. Thank you, but that is exactly what I refered to as well.

I just wanted to find out with my question to Michael what he might did differently to come up with his post.

But to be precise, his question was not about deletion at all but instead deactivitation and best practices for that. Maybe you can answer that?

Best regards

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources