Copied

How does one delete a course?

TOPICS
Course module , Course settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

For what it's worth:

I'm set up as an administrator, and it seems the staff on here who advised you that you couldn't delete a course only applies to those without admin status. I managed to delete courses without any trouble via the process detailed below.

1. Hover your mouse on the course and click "Retire" when the option comes up. This will automatically switch you over to the Retired tab, which displays all of the retired courses.
  2. While on that same tab, hover your mouse over the course again. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri,

You can refer to Captivate Prime Help content here on the procedures: How can I delete courses? | Adobe Captivate Prime Help

Please refer to detailed content at Adobe Captivate Prime Help for any Help. You can also use search on the landing page and make use of FAQ,

Thanks & regards,

Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jacob for the speedy response. I read the documentation i.e.

1. After creating a course, click My Courses on the left pane.
  2. Hover the mouse over the course that you want to delete and click Delete Course.
  3. Respond to the confirmation dialog by clicking OK.

However when I hover over the course there is no delete option (I am logged in as author).

There must be something that I am doing wrong.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri,

If you have already published a course, then you cannot delete it. You can delete a course only when it is in Draft state.

Thanks,

Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri,

Though a course once published cannot be deleted, you do have an option to "Retire" a course.

After publishing a course you can retire a course and move it back into published state again. Retired courses would not be visible under "Published Courses" and hence, you would not directly get an option to Enroll Learners till a specific course is in Retired state. While at the same time, this feature also lets you move the course into published state again any time later thereby giving you better control over courses.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An option to delete courses is preferable. During the testing phase, there will be many dummy courses which clutter up the retired section. This feature should be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up with the initial question, how is a course moved from retired state to a draft state where it can be deleted?  Not sure I'm tracking.  Thanks.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

You duplicate a course (whether retired or not) to 're-enter' draft state. The course once published, is 'Retired' which is a way of removing it from visibility to learners in order to preserve any student record data associated with that course.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give that a shot.  Is there a method to also delete excess modules and modules that have more than one occurrence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please count me among those who would prefer an ability to delete a course.  There are innumerable reasons why an administrator might wish to have this ability.  Give us the tool and allow us to determine whether or not it will have a negative effect on our learners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth:

I'm set up as an administrator, and it seems the staff on here who advised you that you couldn't delete a course only applies to those without admin status. I managed to delete courses without any trouble via the process detailed below.

1. Hover your mouse on the course and click "Retire" when the option comes up. This will automatically switch you over to the Retired tab, which displays all of the retired courses.
  2. While on that same tab, hover your mouse over the course again. This time, you will be presented with the option to delete.
  3. Click delete, and verify that you do indeed wish to delete the selected course. And you're done.

This process did not remove the modules from the module library, however. I'm still looking for a way to delete the modules. Another staff person told someone else in the forums that they couldn't delete the modules once created and published, but after reading this post, I'm not sure I should believe them.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, it is now possible to delete courses, learning programs and certifications at draft and retired stages. This functionality has been added in Prime as part of the update released on 28th February '16.

For a complete list of new features and enhancements to the existing features, please refer the below link:
                  http://primehelp.adobe.com/questions/whats-new-in-captivate-prime/

Regards,
Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I tried these steps and was able to delete a course just fine. Without your post, and reading this thread, I would've gotten the impression that published courses could only be retired but not deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources