• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Despite participation in webinars and demoing Captivate Prime for 20+ days, I would find it very usefull to see a flow chart /decision tree for set-up and management of CP.

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate Prime seems to be fairly complex and I'm not clear on the hierarchy of badges and certifications; and courses, instances, modules, plans and programs; what feeds into what? It would be helpful to see a few different examples of set-up from start to finish.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phoyt,

Try http://help.captivateprime.com

Also - you may like the walkthrough I did yesterday - Here's the slide deck with step by step instructions: Where Do I Put the Scores? Introduction to Basic Learning Management …

or this longer video course from Dr. Jaisingh available via Lynda.com: Adobe Captivate Prime Essential Training | Lynda.com

Hopefully these options will help clarify any additional questions about the process of setup and management. If you still have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're happy to provide additional guidance on any topic related to Prime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. My colleague and I have participated in the mentioned webinar and have been watching the training videos through Lynda.com. Still, it would be helpful to see a flowchart showing the hierarchy / structure and not necessarily the "How-To".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phoyt!

I'm glad to see this request. I had it in the beginning of my evaluation process of ACP as well. Despite NOT having a flowchart I am still moving forward with my implementation. My learner group is not terribly large, so I will tweak things along the way.

It's great that ACP has the capacity for things like badges, but, I agree with your inquiry, what "feeds" it.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Phoyt,

We're currently working on a document that I believe would be helpful to you if you have not already figured out what you need.  It will have some type of visual flowchart.

(I'm assuming below that you have already done basic configuration and setup of Prime and added users)

At a very high level though depending on what you're choosing to use and how you decide to build your overall learning objects:

Badges/skills/Gamification/modules  - would be added/built first.  (Badges/skills/gamification are all optional although valuable tools)

Courses would be next - You can use skills/badges optionally on courses. At least one module is required.  (Badges/Skills/Gamification can be tied directly to a course)

Certifications/Learning Programs - these are built using courses so you will decide if you have a need for them after building your courses.  (Badges can also be set at the LP/Certification level instead of the course level)

Learning Plans - these are automation triggers which allow you to assign learning objects so all the above should be completed first.  The available triggers today are: New user added to Prime, User changes group, User completes a Learning Object, User achieves a Skill.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
Jesse NovakAdobe Product Evangelist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

While we have configured ACP to do what we need, I'm SURE we aren't using it to its full potential. For example, we are basically ignoring the concept of badges and skills at this point and focusing on just managing our training by creating courses and certifications so that we can report who needs training, who has completed training, and when re-certifications are due.

We aren't using the ability to assign skill levels or different badges at this time because our existing training/certification wasn't designed to include those aspects. We didn't want to try to change how our work force training program is organized just to match what we can do in ACP.

As we move forward, we are in fact, working on reorganizing our training program and I expect to take more advantage of what we can do in ACP for things like badging and skills. However, we can't do that until we really have a firm grasp on how badges and skills can be used throughout the system and how that can be used in concert with our HR department and how they want to handle employee issues like retention and advancement.

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

There are quite a few eSeminars on why/when to use Skills, Badges and Gamification and how this can impact your Learning Culture and Learner Experience.  There are some how-to as well on how to configure them in ACP.  Our CSM team can also assist your in the more technical aspects of best practices when configuring these tools.

You can use this link and then change the "Type" to "Recordings". 

https://meetus.adobeevents.com/elearning

Let me know if you get stuck somewhere and i can help

Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources