Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded .avi file not playing full in published video

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have embedded a .avi file into my Captivate project. I have published to You Tube as well as to Video. The .avi file is not playing for the full length in the published video. When previewing the Project it plays full and progresses to the next Captivate slide but when published it cuts off after the initial sequence. I have tried changing the timing of the Video between Specific time, Rest of Slide and Duration of Video but still no success.

Please assist. I am using Captivate v9.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone please assist me with this?

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried checking the box in the timing panel to pause the slide until the end of the video? (See screenshot) If so, can you paste a few screenshots of the settings in your properties, timing, timeline panes?

AVI-Timing1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply. There must be something wrong with either the .avi file I have inserted or with Captivate because each time I try to publish as a Video - Adobe Captivate crashes and closes. I have the exact settings as per your screen above for the imported .avi file and then the next slide is a video capture of our system. I have managed to publish the file to You tube at Test Scribe - YouTube but its still not playing the full avi file. I am happy to send the cptx file if you advise where to attach it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Greetings....!

Can you try to encode the avi file to H.264 (MP4) format using Adobe Media Encoder that comes with Captivate and then try to insert that conveted Mp4 in Captivate and see if you get the same issue?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources