• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enabling Retaking of a Quiz?

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've drafted two quiz projects in Cap 8 and uploaded them to Captivate Prime. I am testing the system to see what I can do with the combination of both products.

How do I set things up so that a user can re-take a quiz after they've failed it? During my testing, I've just blown through the quiz questions making random answers so I never get a passing score. When I go back in, I find myself on the final slide of the quiz. Obviously, the LMS is restoring the quiz to the condition it was in when I left it the first time.

How do I change that so my users can retake an exam any time they wish, or maybe, just after they've failed it and need to achieve a passing score?

This is not my first experience with an authoring system and an LMS. It IS my first time trying to do this with Captivate and Captivate Prime.

Thanks,

Pete

TOPICS
Job aids , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Hi Pete,

In the following forum post, i explain 2 ways to do this. You want the second method: Re: Adding a User Back in Captivate Prime

Ignore the thread title.

The method is essentially to switch on 'Never send Resume Data' - in the Advanced tab in Captivate, under the Quiz Settings, LMS Prefs panel. This will cause it to refresh to the untested state each time you revisit. Some added detail: Set the attempts to infinite for each question.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

In the following forum post, i explain 2 ways to do this. You want the second method: Re: Adding a User Back in Captivate Prime

Ignore the thread title.

The method is essentially to switch on 'Never send Resume Data' - in the Advanced tab in Captivate, under the Quiz Settings, LMS Prefs panel. This will cause it to refresh to the untested state each time you revisit. Some added detail: Set the attempts to infinite for each question.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Allen,

Wow, could they have buried that check box any deeper? 🙂

I found the switch to "Never send Resume data" right where you pointed.

Thanks,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources