• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Feature Request) Change the way we create catalogs in Adobe Captivate Prime

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This idea is for Adobe Captivate Prime development team.

Currently, the way we publish Catalogs in Prime is based on published content in the Content Library (already created as a Course).

Feature Request

I would like to see the ability to create a Catalog THAT IS NOT made available to my entire learner group FIRST.

In other words, I want to be able to create (as an example) a Leadership Catalog; wherein ONLY managers and higher have access to the content.

Instead of, publishing the course first to all learners, then taking the published course and creating a different course catalog from it.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

TOPICS
Job aids , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I felt the same way.

To take care of the issue, I went to my default catalog and changed it to 'All Admins'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Greg.

When you changed it to All Admins for the default catalog how do you then make it available to ONLY a certain segment of your learner population?

Thanks for the insights Greg.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use multiple catalogs.

Here is an example.

I create catalogs that correspond to who sees what.

Default is Admins. This allows me to publish and send my test users through first.

The training catalog is everyone. After test users approve - I can make it available to all.

The National Service catalog is a specialty catalog that has stuff only available to those who enroll via that link.

There is a little time creating this framework but it seems to work pretty well for what I do.

The key for me is that nothing published is visible to my consumers until I place it in a catalog of my choice.

Hope this was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very helpful Stagprime. Thanks. I'll have to give this a try.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources