• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flexible Branding for Captivate Prime?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both internal users and external users at partner companies. I'd like my partner company users to see branding that is specific to their companies, not mine. Is this possible based on the user or user group?

TOPICS
Course settings , Job aids

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

You can do it with 'External Learners.' The default configuration for an external learner group includes branding imagery - which as i recall then shows up in the upper right corner when the external learners login. (Its fairly simple - just the name of org and icon)

For the sake of clarity, you can also define separate catalogs - and permit access based on any major parameter / filter - individuals, groups etc. to any or all of those catalogs (collections of courses) and of course can include co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it with 'External Learners.' The default configuration for an external learner group includes branding imagery - which as i recall then shows up in the upper right corner when the external learners login. (Its fairly simple - just the name of org and icon)

For the sake of clarity, you can also define separate catalogs - and permit access based on any major parameter / filter - individuals, groups etc. to any or all of those catalogs (collections of courses) and of course can include courses in multiple catalogs. That however is not independently 'skinnable - brandable at this time.' If this option is the sort of branding / skinning you are looking for - I'd encourage you to add detail here or in an email with subject Enhancement Request to CaptivateHelp@adobe.com - skinning / branding is a major feature update scheduled for June - so now is a very good time for such requests.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dr. Partridge - much appreciated. The "skinning" feature is probably more of what I was thinking and I appreciate your insight.

FYI - we've met and I used to have a program called "Beer U" that we chatted about. I'm now with a software company that supplies many people in the beer industry and we have a lot of thoughts about ramping Beer U up much bigger than I would have been able to get it with my previous employer. Some of our customers are going to be large brewers who would like to have a portal that is branded for themselves which is the genesis of my question.

Thanks for your response! I hope to run into you at a future Adobe event.

Bob Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob! Good to hear from you. If you have any mock ups of the kind of thing you are thinking of, i'm sure Deepak and team would be interested to see it. I can see how having the skinning include skinning specifically for external accounts would be great for that sort of distributor facilitation method. You can email him / the team at captivateHelp@adobe.com  - just mark it as enhancement request and explain the specific skinning you have in mind.  I will likely point them to this thread as well.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be terrific! Thanks. I'll work some thoughts and a mock-up and send them along. Cheers!

Bob Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources