Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting oAuth Code by program

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are trying to build some extension to underlying Adobe lms by building a in house we app. We have done the application setup and got the application id and secret key.

Now in the course of integration with Captivate Prime api's we need to do an oAuth authorization. There is a browser based URL provided in the documentation that embeds a redirection url -  GET https://captivateprime.adobe.com/oauth/o/authorize?client_id=<Enter your clientId>&redirect_uri=<Enter a url to redirect to>&state=<Any String data>&scope=<one or more comma separated scopes>&response_type=CODE.

This typically works on a browser but not with a program - rightly so as oAuth would require re-direction. Also the oAuth code generated is pretty short-lived.

So our problem is how do we, through a program, do a oAuth authorization without redirection? Or if there is no alternative to redirection - how do we increase the time span of oAuth token so our api's work synchronously?

Thanks and Regards,

Jatin Sutaria

TOPICS
Course settings , Self enrollment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think this question has more chance to get an appropriate answer when transferred to the Prime forum. Do you allow me to move it from this Captivate forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Please move it as you deem fit.

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jatin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, have moved the thread. Hope you'll get quickly an answer from the Prime experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am still trying to figure this out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources