Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Recent CSV learner file upload created duplicate learners

Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help tech team!

I uploaded a CSV of my learners yesterday (with the intention of creating departments and locations for better reporting).

Now I have duplicated learners. Some of these learners already have stats in the LMS. How do I merge learners WITHOUT LOSING THEIR COURSE DATA?

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

ANWERED and this time CORRECT STEPS FOLLOWED (Thanks, Devendra Nath Mishra, Technical Support Consultant).

**THERE WAS A STEP I MISSED WHEN I FIRST TRIED THIS. This post corrects that omission.

This one is a bit tricky because I had various scenarios happening.

Scenario 1

• Learner is in Prime and has taken courses BUT, established their account in Prime with a non-work email address.
  • When I uploaded my CSV (with the learner's work email address) I created a duplicate.
  • Because of the different email Pri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANWERED (Thanks, Devendra Nath Mishra, Technical Support Consultant).

Scenario 1

• Learner is in Prime and has taken courses BUT, established their account in Prime with a non-work email address.
  • When I uploaded my CSV (with the learner's work email address) I created a duplicate.
  • Because of the different email Prime created a "new learner" although name etc. was the same.

FIX: Delete the UNREGISTERED (duplicate) learner. Then on the existing learner (where courses have been taken), edit the email address to the correct email address.

**I tried this but it has not worked. Will try again. Got below error.**

GivenUserExistErrorMsg.PNG

Scenario 2

• Learner is in Prime and has taken courses BUT, when they set up their account, they typed in the incorrect email address for work (off by one character).
  • When I uploaded my CSV (with the learner's correct work email) I created a duplicate.
  • Because of the different email Prime created a "new learner" although name etc. was the same.

FIX: Delete the UNREGISTERED (duplicate) learner. Then on the existing learning (where courses have been taken), edit the email address to the correct email address.

**I tried this but it has not worked. Will try again, got same error as above.**

Note:

When you upload your CSV and a learner shows as "unregistered" that means that learner (real or duplicated like I mentioned above) has not taken any courses.

Note:

When you edit a learner's Prime ID you ARE NOT editing their Adobe ID (thanks for walking me through this understanding carefully Devendra).

I hope this helps somebody else.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

I tried the steps again today (3/15/2017) outlined above to solve duplicated user issue, and the steps do not fix the issue.

The screen shot error message (ABOVE) persists.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ANWERED and this time CORRECT STEPS FOLLOWED (Thanks, Devendra Nath Mishra, Technical Support Consultant).

**THERE WAS A STEP I MISSED WHEN I FIRST TRIED THIS. This post corrects that omission.

Scenario 1

FIX: CORRECT THE REAL learner's info FIRST (where courses have been taken), edit the email address to the correct email address. THEN delete the UNREGISTERED (duplicate) learner.

Scenario 2

• Learner is in Prime and has taken courses BUT, when they set up their account, they typed in the incorrect email address for work (off by one character).
  • When I uploaded my CSV (with the learner's correct work email) I created a duplicate.

FIX: CORRECT THE REAL learner's info FIRST (where courses have been taken), edit the email address to the correct email address. THEN delete the UNREGISTERED (duplicate) learner.

Note:

When you upload your CSV and a learner shows as "unregistered" that means that learner (real or duplicated like I mentioned above) has not taken any courses under that username.

Note:

When you edit a learner's Prime ID you ARE NOT editing their Adobe ID (thanks for walking me through this understanding carefully Devendra).

I hope this helps somebody else.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources