• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hosting HTML5 in Captivate Prime

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HTML5 course that I need to publish to CP. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if it is, how to publish it? I didn't create the original file, so I'm not sure what was used to create the content.

TOPICS
Course settings , Fluidic player

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to upload the course as a zipped package, just like 'projects' published to a zip file as HTML5 content by Captivate.

see: Create courses, certifications, and learning plans as authors

If you have additional questions or would like to know more, feel free to contact me directly.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime Account Manager - Clarix Technologies

585-899-5300 x156

Zweigle@clarix.com

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com
Adobe Connect | Adobe Learning Manager | Adobe Acrobat Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought, too. The file is in zip format already, but when I add it to CP, I get an error that states "Content failed to be uploaded. Reason: The uploaded content is not supported."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The great thing with Captivate Prime is that you don't have to publish as HTML5... the system takes care of making sure that nobody has any issues with viewing the content.

So, feel free to upload as .swf zipped content as an alternative.

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I do that? Again, I don't know how the original file was created (I only have the HTML5 file), so I can't go back and republish in a different format. Is there a way to convert HTML5 to SWF or SCORM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have realized that you cannot republish if you do not have the original content.

The published content may not be supported because it is not SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC or Tin Can compliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same issue, the original file I have is not a SCORM package and only the HTML5 course files. Is there a workaround for this? E.g. host the html file elsewhere and setup a link to view the course? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Captivate Prime Team.

Captivate Prime cannot host a standard HTML5 project. It needed to be an e-learning content (SCORM, AICC etc).

We can only do that if you have the original content. My apologies, there is no other way around this.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources