How can be secure the LMS you will create in Adobe Captivate?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can be secure the LMS you will create in Adobe Captivate?

The Scores and the records of the user or employees where can be stored?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think perhaps you are confused about the way Captivate works.

Captivate does NOT create an LMS (Learning Management System).  That is a separate thing altogether.

Captivate only creates the course content that you upload to the LMS.  Once the content is on the LMS, then people can view the content and the LMS will track their interaction and scoring. 

The scores and records are stored in the LMS database.  They are NOT stored by the Captivate content.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I  can create a E-learning modules in Captivate Prime?

My  seniors here in company use OutStart Trainer. But that tool is out of date now because it start in 2008. We cannot track the records of the trainees who take exams, that why I'm researching another Software than can create an E-learning.

It is possible to upload our existing modules in Captivate Prime?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So you're talking about Adobe Captivate PRIME, not Adobe Captivate?

I can see how confusing this might be.

Adobe Captivate is the tool that creates SCORM-compliant e-learning modules.  Adobe Captivate Prime is an LMS.  The two are NOT the same thing, even though they have similar names.

I believe you CAN create e-learning directly in Adobe Captivate Prime LMS.

Adobe Captivate Prime - Features

I don't know the OutStart Trainer of which you speak, but if it was able to create SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004 compliant e-learning modules then you should be able to import those modules into most SCORM-compliant LMS applications.

I believe Captivate Prime offers a free trial period.  Perhaps you should sign up and try uploading your current modules to see what happens.

If you have more questions about Captivate Prime, I suggest you ask them in the Captivate Prime User Forum:

Captivate Prime

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I try is the Adobe Captivate PRIME,  then I try to search the Adobe Captivate 9. 

So what did you mean sir, I can  create an E-learning through Adobe Captivate 9 even not using the Captivate Prime?

But my senior ask me that they need the LMS creating tool what would be helpful ? To create LMS Adobe Captivate or  Captivate PRIME??

I almost  sign up the Captivate PRIME  and use their free trial Period.

Thank you Sir!

I'll Try it now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir I almost uploaded the Scorm file in Captivate PRIME but there's nothing happen.  The course is cannot be taken?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please log this question with the Captivate Prime user forum:

Captivate Prime

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could move your question to the Prime forum, if you agree?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Sir!

That would be helpful.

Thank you!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a Sir, but I just moved your question to the Prime forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines