• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the Jeopardy game to play in Adobe Captivate Prime?

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a course in captivate and included the Jeopardy game. When I preview the slides the game works fine. I published the course and enrolled as a learner. When I access the course as a learner the Jeopardy game appears but the start button does not work. 

TOPICS
Course settings , Job aids

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hello Sarah,

Post our conversation on direct emails, I have provided a fixed version of the widget to you which works fine in Captivate Prime.

Incase you have any queries, feel free to reach out on email.

Regards

Mukul

Adobe Captivate Prime Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Captivate?

Published as SWF or HTML or both?

Does it work on SCORM Cloud:

https://cloud.scorm.com/

How does the start button 'not work'? Any error or just not clickable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2017

I used the publish to adobe captivate prime feature. The output format is HTML5.

I have not used SCORM Cloud. This training is for my company so I have to make it work on captivate prime. Is there a major difference between prime and SCORM cloud that would help you diagnose the issue?

The arrow changes to the hand symbol when I hover over the start button. But when I click nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI: I deleted a double post.

Testing on SCORM Cloud is a good idea because it can be considered as a SCORM standard. If it is working on SCORM Cloud, you have to talk with the Prime team (there is a Captivate Prime forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded it to SCORM cloud and the jeopardy game worked. I'll have to get in touch with the Prime team. Do you have the link to the correct forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the complete thread to the Prime forum. Here is the link:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2496962?prevContainerType=14&prevContainerID=2267

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to do anything in particular to get the attention of the prime team now that the thread is in the Prime forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you'll just have to wait until someone is answering. Sorry, I have no experience whatsoever with Prime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are talking about this Jeopardy game? Jeopardy Game built with Captivate | Adobe Education Exchange

When I publish it to Captivate Prime, it works for me.

I tested with Captivate 9 (I know I'm behind) and accessed Prime and the presentation in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The game I'm reffering to is a learning interactions widget that is within Captivate 2017. I put an image of it below. I'm not sure if that is the same as the one you're referring to.

I went and tested it on Chrome and the game works on that browser, but when I tested it on Internet Explorer it did not work. Unfortunately, the people the training is for will be using internet explorer so I need a fix for that browser. Jeopardy.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's different, I'm pretty sure. I'll have to get 2017 installed and do a test.

If it's an IE issue, then you may need to uncheck the "Compatability View" in IE on Windows 10.

That can make HTML5 content play better in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sarah,

We will check this internally and get back to you. In the mean time, is it possible to share with us your project which contains the Jeopardy game and which does not play in Captivate Prime. Having the same project with which you are facing the problem, will help us investigate and revert much faster.

Regards

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for the help. I am willing to share the project with you. What is the best way to share it? Perhaps, there is an adobe email address I could send it to?

Additionally, please look into the create instance feature on internet explorer. I could only make an instance for my course using Chrome this time, when in the past I have always been able to create an instance for my courses on internet explorer.

Best,
Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sarah,

I have sent you a private message on forums with details to share the project.

Regards

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sarah,

Post our conversation on direct emails, I have provided a fixed version of the widget to you which works fine in Captivate Prime.

Incase you have any queries, feel free to reach out on email.

Regards

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get this fixed version. We need it urgently at my work. Thanks!@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having an issue on Captivate Prime, or with the Jeopardy game itself outside of any specific LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 on a PC. I created a training with the Jeopardy game Widget when I had Captivate 2017 and it played just fine. Now that I have upgraded to 2019 and made some updates to the project, it no longer plays the Jeopardy game on an LMS. I cannot even preview in SCORM Cloud. Is there something that can be done so this widget will work again? It will work on Preview of HTML5 in Browser.

aureliab1_0-1599857699865.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue details with us. 

Could you please reach the Captivate and Captivate Prime LMS team using the channels on the links below so that we can check the issue?

Adobe Captivate Prime:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate-prime

Adobe Captivate:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

In order to resolve the Jeopardy widget issue in Captivate Prime. Please follow the below steps.

Steps –

1. Please download the fix from below provided link.
  2. https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a3440422-06ea-4f32-8c73-03cee0540597
  3. Download the widget and save it to Desktop.
  4. Open your Captivate Project and click “Insert à Widget” and select the widget saved on desktop.
  5. Fill appropriate details and save to setup the jeopardy widget.
  6. Publish and upload to Captivate Prime
  7. Test the project to your satisfaction.

Hope this helps you in proceeding with your project. Thanks for your patience and let me know how it goes.

Regards

Viku

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fixed version of the millionaire widget too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources