• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add outside assessment to a course

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have a trial version and am looking to use both Captivate and Captivate Prime for our company training.

It looks to me like there's only self-assessment by the learner.

Is it possible to add an outside assessment by a manager? Ideally, the learner would have course material, quiz and then assessment by a manager or instructor, with the manager's score being incorporated into the learner's course progress and the manager getting a reminder to assess. Is there a way of doing this inside prime/captivate?

TOPICS
Course module , Job aids

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Greetings..!

Assessment can only be uploaded by Author in Prime . Manager can only view the reports and provide L3 feedback in Prime . You can set the enrollment type as "Manager Nominated" or "Manager approval required" while creating a course as an Author. You can upload any SCORM or AICC complaint course in Prime . Once the course is completed Manager will get a notification for the same . Below links may be useful:

What type of reports can I see? | Adobe Captivate Prime Help

How do I assign courses to my team members? | Adobe Captivate Prime Help

What are the different types of enrollment for courses? | Adobe Captivate Prime Help

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mayank.

What I need is some way of assessing the learner from outside - i.e. the course should train skills, but an outside eye sees whether they incorporate learnings into their work. Across our business, we find there is often a gap between training and incorporating that training on the job. In other words, knowing something is one thing, doing it is another, and we need an assessment on the doing as part of the course. That gap is one of our biggest issues. For example, the course could give you the theory of how to drive a forklift, but at some point the learner needs to get behind the wheel, and I need some way of someone who isn't the learner saying they are ready to operate the machine, not just that they studied the theory. It needs to be incorporated into the course, ideally with reminders sent to the instructor/manager, ideally with a grade. 

If, however, that is not possible, could we use certification? Usual certification seems to be based simply upon completing the course work, which again only tells me that the learner understands the theory. I see there is also the possibility of 3rd party certification. That could work, with the 3rd party being the manager/instructor. I can't find how the third party adds the certification in Prime. What's the mechanism for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, agreed.

There are requirements when competence needs to be assessed by observation.

A workflow allowing Manager or nominated instructor to finalise and authorise the completion of an activity or classroom course.

This would become a notification "Pending task" for the manager or nominated user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources