Is it ready for Prime Time?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a program for kids who can't read. When I read about Captivate Prime, I thought my publishing woes were over. I'm not quite ready to publish yet, but in reading the forum, I'm starting to have doubts.

Are the problems across the board for everyone, or just for larger businesses? I'm just a one-person producer with (at first) just a handful of kids, while I test it. I'm not very good at tech, and am worried this will be too much for me. Are there any happy campers out there, who've had a good experience with it?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts you may have on this. I'm completely befuddled about it!

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dowbright2

Welcome to the forum.

First, let me say, personally I like Adobe Prime. And, after positive feedback from tests with a small pilot group of learners at my company in Q2 of this year; I recommended Adobe Prime to my VP as our learning management system (LMS).

I appreciate your cautiousness. I too was cautious and would have benefitted from more testing because of the content I wanted to make available on the Prime platform to my learners.

Regarding your question/comment about problems you've read about in the forum being across the board. From my perspective, I do not believe the problems are across the board.

The issues mentioned are unique to the learning leader at that company, their technology, their learners and how they are using Prime. For example, my company is the first to use Prime with 3rd party content from BizLibrary. Thus, issues stemming from that are entirely new because neither company has ever had a mutual client.

The last thing I'll mention is the lack of a blueprint/project template/workflow document from Adobe that takes an admin step-by-step to build a Prime site using identified best practices.

From my perspective, in the absence of that kind of documentation, admins like myself, build Prime the way we think it should go but may miss key steps in the process. For me, examples include...

• how to put a due date on a course (so my learners see they must complete the course by that date)...
  • how to correctly use a learning program and WHY you might create one...
  • how to create more badges beyond the ones that come with Prime...
  • how to even turn on gamification for a course...

As frustrating as building my site has been and continues to be at times, the issues I just mentioned ARE NOT insurmountable. Once, a full-fledge, end-to-end user manual for admins is created all of us will continue to stumble a bit.

Something else to note is the fact that Adobe Captivate Prime is a new platform. From my research and talking to different people, the platform was alpha tested in 2014 and became commercially available in 2015. Although Adobe has several products to author eLearning content for example Captivate 9, this is the company's first entry into the LMS space.

With that, I can only imagine the growing pangs their technical and development teams are facing as clients ask for more and more.

Although my response was longwinded, I hope it gives you a solid perspective for consideration.

As you continue to investigate Prime and/or build your site, feel free to ping me, I'll gladly share my experiences thus far.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
dowbright2 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Harrel_T,

Thanks so very much for your detailed response! It was super-helpful to me, and relieves some of my worries.

I agree with you about the need for an overarching guidance tool. That would really be a plus, for sure.

Wow! VERY kind of you to take the time, and as I said, SO helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines