• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration is Ponderous!

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen a more complicated process in my entire life. I want to move a single certification and its records from a Captivate Prime Domain to another. I have 6 spread sheets and an unlimited number of errors.

THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have finally finished the migration. I think now that I have calmed down, the issue is that the Help pages really do not help.

There is no clear explanation on where to find the information needed. Such as Module IDs. In the CSV example files for the User_course_grade.csv which is used to import the learner information the column "retrofit" is not even in the example csv. Retrofit is required if you are using migration to add data to an existing Course or certification.

In the csv specifications this is the information about retrofit.

Retrofit flag indicates that this row is being retrofited. All the id's in this row are expected to be Prime ids.

It really makes no sense. Basic rule of definitions: Never use the word being defined in the definition! It should say "This column used to migrate records to an existing course or certification. All module, course or certification IDs must be Prime IDs."

That would actually help!

There is no help on where to find the Module IDs, course IDs or certification IDs. All this information is in the User Audit Trail. But until you figure out the report the information is hard to glean. I could not find anywhere in the Help pages where it provided that information.

The last item is that I had to run the migration 3-4 times due to errors. These errors were not in the CSVs but in the processing.

This is the error message: "

1089ErrorProcessing of statements has failed with exception Exception

How does that error message help me? This error means that Prime failed to properly process the records and you have to run the sprint again. Why does it not say that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources