• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Must ever LMS user have an Adobe account?

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still experimenting with Captivate Prime. Is it correct to say that every employee in our company will have to start an Adobe account to use Adobe Captivate Prime LMS?

Thanks,

Pete

TOPICS
Course instances , Learning program

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Sorry - I hate to correct Mayank, but no, you do not need an AdobeID for each user. You can use SSO, you can use your own emails, or any similar ID verification solution. You do need an email address for every employee - but can also use an SSO ID for the ID field if you prefer. You can migrate that from a csv file that your HRIS (Human Resources Info System) will generally export quite easily. (That's the ideal approach.)  Feel free to email me directly (allenp (at) adobe (dot) com) if you want more guidance on this.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding a new user to Prime, they receive these instructions in their email:

(this is just part of the email)

Hello Test User,

Congratulations!

You have been enrolled into Adobe Captivate Prime, Learning Central - South Central College's new Training Resource.

Follow the steps below to verify and access your account.

Step 1) If you already have an Adobe ID, click here to authenticate and log in to your Account. If you do not have an      Adobe ID, click here to create one and get started.

Step 2) For subsequent logins, bookmark your account URL mentioned below

So if there is a way to use just an email and not do an Adobe ID that would be great. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, it sounded like there were three options:

1. You can use SSO
  2. you can use your own emails,
  3. or any similar ID verification solution.

I thought #2 was only in an SSO scenario. I would love to be wrong (in this case, anyway), tho. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you might also like these videos: The first is how to do the csv import: How to Upload your HR Data (CSV file) into Adobe Captivate Prime LMS - YouTube

The second is alternative forms of user enrollment: Self Enrolled and External Users in Adobe Captivate Prime - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That is what I was hoping to learn! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After nearly a year of using Prime, I've come to realize that we can't afford to use Prime. It costs too much to access the system.

I work in the training department of a factory with roughly 250 employees. Less than 40% of those employees have a company email
account and a network user account. The remaining employees don't need an email account or a unique network user account so we don't spend the money to purchase the extra licenses from Microsoft.

We purchased 100 seats in Prime at the start of this year and am presently consuming 89 of those seats with employees from two
departments. I'd like to expand coverage to include those employees without a company email account and without a unique user account on our network. My IT department tells me it is too expensive to purchase a license for every potential user to have an email account or to purchase a licenses for every potential user to have a unique user account on our network. Corporate policy will not allow us to use outside email accounts and that wouldn't work anyway because then anyone using a personal email account would need to access their personal email account on company computers and that is a serious network security issue.

So it looks like I've got to drop Adobe Captivate Prime in favor of some other LMS that uses its own internal user management system.
Prime isn't my first LMS but it is the first where I've encountered this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

What are the chances the Adobe Prime team will address this situation? It may not appear to be a problem to them but in the situation
I've described, it is a problem. I suspect we aren't the only company with similar budgetary restrictions and security concerns.

Anyone care to comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW Kodiak, that is a huge course correction after your development time and a year of usage.

Thanks for sharing this frustration. I have not reached that pivot point yet, but, I do have learners, that will potentially be Prime LMS users, that work in our distribution centers and DO NOT have company email addresses.

To be clear, let me restate what I hear as your solution (if the Prime development team took it on): you want Prime to have it's own self-contained credentialing protocol in cases where a learner does not have a company email address...Is that correct?

...best of luck to you and your team.

Regards,

Thomas H.

Master Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thomas,

Yes, that is what I'm suggesting... with little hope of seeing it implemented. Under previous employment I implemented another LMS (for several clients) that used its own internal user credentialing protocol which meant it was totally self contained. We didn't have to worry about needed anything other than simple access to a computer within the firewall. It was also a web-based solution with SQL Server working behind the scenes.

In my current situation, for employees without an email account, I've been developing online content with Captivate 9 (its own story!) and hosting it on the local machine. I have to rely on printing the summary screen to a PDF as evidence of completion for record keeping purposes. Obviously, that wouldn't work with your distributed work force but it is working (very manually) for my local employees.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully, I'm not at that crossroads yet. But, hearing about your experience bumps it higher on my list of considerations going forward.

At least a manual process is better than no process at all.

Take care!

Regards,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

We totally agree that the email address is taken as a basis on which the users are able to login to the Captivate Prime account. But we can certainly discuss your unique issue to provide you the best possible solution on this.

Please check your inbox and update us on the same.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources