• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My course starts to fail if users use the back button.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published a course using Captivate 9 and embedded video using the first option.  I then published directly to the trial version of Captivate Prime.  The video will play, but if I go back, it will not play and I lose the character animation and video.  The only way I have found to make it work properly is to publish it as a PDF and provide a link to DropBox.  I wonder if I need to create the video portion outside of Captivate 9 and publish on YouTube instead of Captivate Prime.

My Captivate Prime trial ends today and I am not sold on this system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Randall,

Thanks for sharing. I attempted to reproduce the issue, but haven't seen any failure to replay for video. Perhaps I could get a little more information? Here's what I did: I inserted a video using the first option - as you described. From the Media Button: I choose Video: Then Event Video (the default) and finally I point to the local video file.

I scaled the video to fit on the Captivate Slide and then verified the skin in the property inspector. (Again accepting the default.)

When I published directly to Prime, I added the Captivate course (with it's embedded video) directly to a module. Then I created a Prime course, and added the Captivate course module, to the Prime course. When I tested, the video ran as expected and i was able to navigate with the playback skin as expected.

Can you share a bit more about how your experience differed?

Regarding your trial, if you send me (allenp [at] adobe [dot] com) an email with some basic contact info I can request a trial extension for you.

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources