• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question: is Adobe Captivate Prime right for paid courses?

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie question.

I need to create an interactive online course. Adobe Captivate seems like the right program for creating it; now I'm trying to figure out what LMS I should plan for.

Students will pay to access this content. But all the videos I've seen thus far for Adobe Captivate Prime are focused on intra-corporation training, and thus say nothing about payments and gate-keeping.

So I'm wondering:

1) Can ACP work for small businesses wanting to sell access to their courses; and

2) Am I likely to run into problems courses created in Adobe Captivate and then published via other LMSs, like Teachable? Specifically, I'm concerned about building in interactive tasks/skill builders, then not having them function if I publish the course someplace other than ACP.

TOPICS
Course settings , SSO configuration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate Prime helps to enable end-to-end delivery of e-Learning. It is eLearning solution which lets you create, manage, deliver and track interactive eLearning content, all at one place.

1. Captivate Prime is hosting solution to track the progress of the learner . You have to define your strategy for creating and working on courses.

2. You may use Adobe Captivate and Adobe Presenter for building in interactive tasks/skill builders and publish with Captivate Prime.

For further queries, please visit Adobe Captivate Prime Help | Captivate Prime User Guide user guide for better understanding the product .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not answer the question. Can you use prime to sell courses as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can definitely use Captivate Prime to sell courses.

The API's are publicly available, and we have developers who can quickly get you set up with your favorite e-commerce tools so that you can have a public facing catalog and shopping cart system all automated and ready to go.

And - If you are interested in content and courses created in Captivate Prime working if accessed from other LMS's and other systems, then let's discuss because there are many ways to manage that.

If you have additional questions or would like to know more, feel free to contact me directly.

Walter Zweigle - Senior Adobe Connect and Captivate Prime Account Manager - Clarix Technologies

585-899-5300 x156

Zweigle@clarix.com

Walter Zweigle - Sales Account Manager | Clarix Technologies Inc. | 585-899-5300 x156 | zweigle@clarix.com
Adobe Connect | Adobe Learning Manager | Adobe Acrobat Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no code solution to configure payments. I have created course and would like to set a price . Once user pays that price, I would like him to start learning. How do i do this in captivate prime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Adobe Captivate Prime does not have e-commerce features in it. So in case you want to sale your courses online you need to design your own website using Captivate Prime APIs. Here you can do everything you are requesting using Captivate Prime's API. 

Kindly check the Captivate Prime API details in the link below. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/captivate-prime/integration-admin/feature-summary/developer-manual.html#a... 

For any issues with APIs kindly reach us using the support channels below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#captivate-prime 

Regards,
Debiprasad Maharana
Adobe Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources